Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer A Shill for Blue Cross?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Whitmer A Shill for Blue Cross?

Post by audiophile » Mon May 11, 2020 7:48 am

I KNEW IT!

I have been questioning the governors actions because they are very inconsistent and feel like there is some agenda beyond public health (after all I'm all about logical safety - I was pushing masks when WHO and CDC was poo-pooing it).

Her bypassing the legislature only confirmed an agenda that was not driven by sound, logical, constitutional practice. I had asked a few times in here if there was some connection to the medical lobby, well there is:

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/18/mic ... lue-cross/

And please don't even start this being a right-leaning hit piece - it's from 2018 and from a very liberal perspective.

Because Covid-19 is covered in large part by the feds at 20% over Medicare rates I don't think Blue Cross ends up having to pay it. The more she extends the lockdown it the more it helps Blue Cross because elective procedures are delayed which further helps Blue Cross' bottom line. Rural hospitals are on the brink of collapse because they are idled.

It is illegal? Probably only because she bypassed legislature. This coupled with her stonewalling, hiring the DNC firm for contact tracing, and her blocking FOIA means she must held accountable by the courts.

Is it a unethical? I contend Yes - her Dad was CEO of Blue Cross and she is tight with current Blue Cross CEO that encouraged and lobbied and paid for her to run for governor. Whitmer feels like a puppet for Blue Cross. If you look at her moves it starts to make sense. The Governor has a potential serious conflict of interest and she needs to halt all of her EO's and let the legislature handle it going forward, as she already practically bankrupted the state to help the medical industry lobby, namely the insurance companies.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Re: Whitmer A Shill for Blue Cross?

Post by Bryce » Mon May 11, 2020 8:34 am

Great information...

In the words of Don Corleone, “A lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a thousand men with guns.”
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 11, 2020 11:30 am

So we are both concerned about losing single payer ideal? Welcome aboard.

It is no secret that Whitmer's political campaigns have been largely funded by a few key businesses. Your concern is that we have a pro-business Democratic governor?

Here's a fact you could have pointed out: Donald Trump is a raping this country to reward his donors. Where is the outrage about that douchebag?
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04 ... ators.html
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 11, 2020 11:38 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:30 am
So we are both concerned about losing single payer ideal? Welcome aboard.

It is no secret that Whitmer's political campaigns have been largely funded by a few key businesses. Your concern is that we have a pro-business Democratic governor?

Here's a fact you could have pointed out: Donald Trump is a raping this country to reward his donors. Where is the outrage about that douchebag?
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04 ... ators.html
This post has NOTHING to do with Trump, but I have to address the source of this nonsense you've posted.

When it comes to U-M alums in the media, you should assign as much credence to a Jonathan Chait opinion as you would to an Ann Coulter opinion, and vice versa.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 11, 2020 6:52 pm

And when you said UofM grad, you mean above average and well educated?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic