Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Name-calling defeats the purpose

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
MrReason

Name-calling defeats the purpose

Post by MrReason » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35 am

When I see someone call someone else a name, I immediately dismiss their argument.

For instance, someone here called Rush Limbaugh a “pill-popper.” While that was true in his past, he no longer does that, has admitted to it, and sought treatment.

So when I saw someone post about “Quid Pro Joe and Kamal Toe,” I immediately dismissed it because that is in Joe Biden’s past, and the other accusation, so far, is unfounded.

MrReason

Re: Name-calling defeats the purpose

Post by MrReason » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:59 am
MrReason wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35 am
When I see someone call someone else a name, I immediately dismiss their argument.

For instance, someone here called Rush Limbaugh a “pill-popper.” While that was true in his past, he no longer does that, has admitted to it, and sought treatment.

So when I saw someone post about “Quid Pro Joe and Kamal Toe,” I immediately dismissed it because that is in Joe Biden’s past, and the other accusation, so far, is unfounded.
How do you feel about racial slurs or homophobic slurs?
I don’t use them.

They fall into the “name-calling” category, whether it’s from a homophobe, straight, white, or rap music.

MrReason

Post by MrReason » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:13 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:10 pm
Name calling is a typical Liberal thing. Just look at the vicious attacks on this board. The Hate Hounds have an excellent track record.
Yep.

I’ve been called many nasty names and told “F—-You!” several times.

Yet, I refuse to resort to name-calling. It’s against the rules here, and I won’t do it.

MrReason

Post by MrReason » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:22 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:27 pm
MrReason wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:13 pm
R Bedell wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:10 pm
Name calling is a typical Liberal thing. Just look at the vicious attacks on this board. The Hate Hounds have an excellent track record.
Yep.

I’ve been called many nasty names and told “F—-You!” several times.

Yet, I refuse to resort to name-calling. It’s against the rules here, and I won’t do it.
Our staff researchers are still puzzled by this post...
I know. Why would anyone call me names?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic