Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

McAllister out at 97.1

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
brianp48093

Re: McAllister out at 97.1

Post by brianp48093 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:26 pm

FINALLY!!!!! They should have kicked his arrogant, nasally, know it all, prick ass to the curb years ago!! I hate him. He was useless and brought absolutely nothing to the table. I can honestly say, I've listened to the morning show MAYBE 7 times since Bill started on mornings. I couldn't stand even 30 seconds of the show. Now, I'm going to check it out.

Funny thing, I was getting in the shower a little while ago, turned on the shower radio (97.1 is one of the only stations that comes in) and I caught Mike Valenti and Jamie on crosswalk and heard Mike say that tomorrow would be the final show with Jamie and Wojo together and that Jamie was going to mornings.

I knew, without a shadow of doubt, Bill was gone. I actually let out a loud "YES!" Of course, I had to jump on the buzzboard to verify lol.

I also beleive it was a conflict with someone at the station. One thing I've noticed is on Foul Feedback, the first one or 2 that Valenti ran, he read emails ripping on everyone. Then, after those first couple, MV never read any ripping on Bill. I also remember him saying, without saying names, that there were certain ones he couldn't read because it made certain people upset. Also, MV did a bit a while back where you could call in and make your own lineup of the personalities on 97.1 you could team whoever with whoever, but whoever was replaced was fired. There were quite a few callers, the majority that would get rid of Bill lol. So...all that being said, maybe Bill and MV had issues? Or maybe Bill was just a whiny, crybaby bitch?

Bill, if you happen to read this, you got EXACTLY what you deserved. Obviously, you meant nothing to the station. You were a prick and Karma bit you. Serves you right. Mark my words, you'll never get another shot at a morning gig again, especially in this market. Bye bye. Maybe try for a gig in Alaska....

brianp48093

Post by brianp48093 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:52 pm

I didn't get to listen to the show this morning, i was up at the cabin. Even without listening, I'm sure the show was light years better without that waste of space, hack Bill mucking it up.

MW- I have a feeling it was a combination of everything. I think the suits at The Ticket realized what an anchor he was long ago and had no intention of renewing his contract. Plus, with his backstabbing bullshit he's known for, he probably opened his cock holster to the wrong person and helped seal his own coffin. Afterall, he's too arrogant realize that he was nothing except filler. Perfect example of someone who thinks much higher of their ability than everyone else.

I would have loved to been a fly on the wall during contract negotiations. I could see Bill negotiate against himself, something like this:

Bill: my contract is up in a couple weeks.

97. 1: No response.

BIll: I want a 4 year deal, 100k yearly

97.1: no response

Bill: ok, 2 year deal 50k yearly

Bill: ok 1 year deal 25k

Bill: ok 20k and Ill be on my knees under desk between comnercial breaks.

97.1: your contrat is up tomorrow. Clean out your desk, hit the bricks and go back to bussing tables.

brianp48093

Post by brianp48093 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:11 am

craig11152 wrote:
dumbboardposter wrote:Let's give another perspective. First, bullshit on Bill and Valenti not getting along. A lot of you guys take MV's ball busting as actual animosity. I'll admit that some personalities at the station are more sensitive than others and don't care for his being a smart ass, but it's not real. Mike is extremely talented and competitive, but overall a genuinely nice guy.
I heard him butcher Dan Leach on air and there was nothing "ball busting" about it. It was true animosity. I don't know the guy, maybe you do, but I don't generally believe these on air talents create fake persona's that are nothing like who they really are. I think who you hear on the air is mostly who they are.
In any case with Valenti it seem to me his idea of ball busting fun is mostly a one way street. He can dish it out but doesn't like to take it. At least that is my impression from listening.
I agree 100% that Mike has a genuine dislike for Leach, but Leach is a super easy going guy and doesn't seem to let it bother him.....or, he's smart enough (unlike McAllister) not to get into a pissing match with the stations golden boy.

I know Mike has always given Dan shit, but it accelerated notabley after Dan lost the bet and wouldn't let Mike delete his Twitter account even though he agreed to the terms.

I have a strong feeling that Dan isn't liked much by a number of people at the station. It's very clear when he hosts with Gator that he is NOT liked one bit. Although, Gator seems like he would be difficult to work with period. He seems to also dislike Reiger too.

In regards to Reiger, this will be a highly unpopular opinion, I honestly think he sounds decent when he's on with Mike. I used to highly dislike Rieger, but he's grown on me. If he could just change his voice!!!!

brianp48093

Post by brianp48093 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:53 am

craig11152 wrote:
brianp48093 wrote:I agree 100% that Mike has a genuine dislike for Leach, but Leach is a super easy going guy
I know Mike has always given Dan shit, but it accelerated notabley after Dan lost the bet and wouldn't let Mike delete his Twitter account even though he agreed to the terms.
I have a strong feeling that Dan isn't liked much by a number of people at the station.
Since I sort of subscribe to the idea that these on air guys are mostly the people in real life they sound like on the radio and since I agree it seems Leach is easy going I don't get why he would be disliked by people at the station. Something in my theory doesn't add up.

With respect to that bet thing I was only vaguely familiar. What was the bet about and what did Valenti stand to lose if Leach won the bet?
Honestly, I don't recall the exact specifics. I know Mike was talking about Dan's gambling problem and his addiction to Social media... Twitter, Periscope etc. Dan kept saying how good he is at picking winners in sports, betting lines, blah blah blah. So Mike called him out on it. Basically said "if you're so good, pick these games and if you don't pick winners, you have to allow me delete your Twitter account. I'll give you some time to say goodbye to your followers" I guess he has a lot of followers and uses it constantly. Dan agreed to it and lost miserably. He then wouldn't let it be deleted... He just temporarily disabled the account and reactivated it.

A caller called up and asked about what happened the following week and Mike went off about Dan, saying he's done with him, he's not going to mention his name anymore, no more Leach drops etc. It didn't sound like a bit, he sounded legitimately pissed.

I don't recall Mike standing to win or lose anything, it was more just to have Dan put up or shut up.

Forgive me if I didn't get every detail correct, it was a while ago and I honestly don't remember every detail.

brianp48093

Post by brianp48093 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Craig-

It was regarding the NCAA Tournament. I found this:

https://www.google.com/amp/detroit.cbsl ... audio/amp/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic