All accepted registrations through December 6 at 6:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Listeners are abandoning local radio in droves in the Lansing market

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
Jeff Dugan
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:03 pm

Re: Listeners are abandoning local radio in droves in the Lansing market

Post by Jeff Dugan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:30 pm
https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb195

Look at these numbers. WOW.

Q106 just posted its worst book in over two decades' time. No wonder the playlist underwent a drastic shift in recent weeks!! WMMQ, meanwhile, recorded a very strong book.

The other big surprises:
- Terrible ratings for 90.5 WKAR-FM. A 2.9 share., with what are most likely extremely old demos. Michigan State needs to take a hard look at retooling WKAR-FM if this trend continues.
- A big dip for 97.5 Now FM. Their 6.5 share in ages 12+ is unusually low.

Unless a bunch of people are abandoning stations listed here for 96.5, 101.7, AM 1320, out of market signals, or unlisted non-comms, chances are high that Sirius XM , Spotify, Pandora, Podcast, and internet radio listening is at or near an all time high.

Another thing that caught my eye: the 1.6 share for AM 730 WVFN. That is a perfectly decent showing for such a limited signal. They are clearly benefiting from the demise of 107.3 WBBL and 92.1 The Team.

The stations listed in the published results represent less than 60 percent of total listening!!!
That’s a great observation about people abandoning regular radio for other platforms and it’s happening everywhere with unlimited data packages the cell companies are offering at reasonable monthly rates internet radio is truly on the rise, personally 90 percent of my radio listening is on one of three internet apps Spotify, AccuRadio or Dash radio and if I want local content the other 10 percent it’s WWJ.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic