Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

100.7 Toledo line up change

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
EnbyCee

Re: 100.7 Toledo line up change

Post by EnbyCee » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:39 am

Cumulus is pushing Shapiro nationwide,they even put him on WLS in Chicago on afternoon drive, but Savage is a big name so it's kind of surprising they wouldn't keep airing him here on a delay at least.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:52 pm

Zone used to show up in the ratings, albeit low, even after it moved from 106.5 to 100.7. IIRC, it eventually vanished after the year as the Vibe followed by being the dumping ground for Free Beer & Hot Wings in Toledo after that show bombed on XKR, and simultaneously began mixing in terrible girly music like Gotye and especially Lorde, who they were playing the hell out of in 2013. Whatever audience they had was gone by the time they did that bizarre format change to hard rock for only a few months before 1470 was shut down and the talk shows moved to FM.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:38 am

1027BrianFM wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:52 pm
Wasn't that short lived active rock format all satellite fed? It lasted like 2 months. It would have been doable I think, if they had changed the name of the station and had all new(non corny) station ID's. " Toledo's real rock, 100.7 The Buzz" " The real home for the rock of Toledo, 100.7 The Buzz" .

I didn't mind the music it was just the crappy imagining. I am not sure if it was intended to be permanent or the 1470 thing just crept up on them, well knowing Cumulus it was all poor planning.

I think a rock format on 100.7 wouldn't be a bad thing, just don't go cornball. They could still air those brokered shows on Sunday. Still, when The Cloud does unload 106.5, my guess is ESPN will likely move to 100.7, with 24/7 feed.
It wasn't quite all satellite, they still had Peapod on in mornings, who sounded like he was being forced to broadcast with a gun to his head. He still pops up from time to time on XKR as a fill-in. And yeah, I'm also still confused as to why they bothered changing the format for only 2 months.

As for the future, I don't think rock is ever coming back to 100.7. Toledo is a shit market for alternative and harder rock would be in danger of cannibalizing XKR too much. It's probably about 50/50 on whether they keep running the conservative talk shows or move ESPN over when the God squad finally comes calling for 106.5.

Fuck Canada.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic