Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 16, 2022 at 6:45p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tables turned on TV5, employees freak

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
8ball
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:39 pm

Tables turned on TV5, employees freak

Post by 8ball » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:48 pm

So, TV5 goes out every day, cameras rolling, to catch news happening. But what happens when someone gets them on camera? They turn into victims, snowflakes, and wimps.

https://youtu.be/U714Ll3yJ28

Just check out the video. They’re scared to death when someone with a camera is recording them from a public sidewalk.

The irony and hypocrisy is palpable.

TV5 employees call the cops because someone is on public property recording things that are available and viewable from public places.

They called the cops on someone doing the same thing they do!

One old guy claims “harassment.” Another knucklehead cameraman gets in the face of these fine folks.

Guess they can give it but can’t take it.



8ball
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:39 pm

Re: Tables turned on TV5, employees freak

Post by 8ball » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:47 am

Herm wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:11 pm
That might have been one of the most asinine displays of human idiocy I’ve ever seen.
I agree, but it’s more than that. It’s childish, classless, unprofessional, and TV5 employees should be ashamed of themselves.

They made a false police report, wasting public resources, calling the police on two law-abiding citizens conducting lawful activities on a public sidewalk.

If citizens had called the police on TV5 for recording in public, it would have done a story saying how it is a champion and defender of the press, willing to take the hit.

For TV5 employees, it’s “okay for me, but not for thee.”



8ball
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:39 pm

Re: Tables turned on TV5, employees freak

Post by 8ball » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:13 am

Under New Management wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:12 am
These guys (the ones giggling like school girls) are complete dolts. They need a new hobby. What they’re doing may be legal… but they’re approach to making a point is third grade-ish. I don’t think anyone is challenging their rights to videotape in public.

But they also shouldn’t be peering through windows and harassing people who are just going about doing their jobs. Let’s not forget journalists have been ambushed and killed in recent years while out on assignment. We do have every right to worry about our safety and call police when we feel threatened. That’s not filing a false police report.
The goof with the TV5 camera was laughing, too, got up in their faces, “harassed” them (which he didn’t really do, but just using your language for comparison), and did exactly what they did, and they didn’t call the cops. Why is it when the news records in public it’s protected, but when the public records in publish it’s “threatening.”

The reason is because you have a bias. You and the news think that you are better than others and can wield the camera because you feel empowered. When others do that, you feel your power threatened, and it scares you.



8ball
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:39 pm

Re: Tables turned on TV5, employees freak

Post by 8ball » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:14 pm

Herm wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:08 pm
8ball wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:13 am
Under New Management wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:12 am
These guys (the ones giggling like school girls) are complete dolts. They need a new hobby. What they’re doing may be legal… but they’re approach to making a point is third grade-ish. I don’t think anyone is challenging their rights to videotape in public.

But they also shouldn’t be peering through windows and harassing people who are just going about doing their jobs. Let’s not forget journalists have been ambushed and killed in recent years while out on assignment. We do have every right to worry about our safety and call police when we feel threatened. That’s not filing a false police report.
The goof with the TV5 camera was laughing, too, got up in their faces, “harassed” them (which he didn’t really do, but just using your language for comparison), and did exactly what they did, and they didn’t call the cops. Why is it when the news records in public it’s protected, but when the public records in publish it’s “threatening.”

The reason is because you have a bias. You and the news think that you are better than others and can wield the camera because you feel empowered. When others do that, you feel your power threatened, and it scares you.
No one is threatened or scared.
I disagree. The cameraman (and I assume a reporter) hid out in the news car waiting for the other citizens to leave. Refusing to leave a vehicle involves fear.

The balding guy at the front door literally said on camera they these guys were “intimidating” others.

How is it that these “professionals” at TV5 know less of the law and freedom of the press than these hillbillies that just rolled up randomly?

I assume most of those at TV5 have attended college or at least an overly expensive after-school program like Specs Howard and were supposed to be taught about freedom of the press.

The cop even tells the TV5 “professionals” that these guys know what they can and can’t do and to leave them alone.



8ball
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:39 pm

Re: Tables turned on TV5, employees freak

Post by 8ball » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:16 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:59 pm
I've seen those videos on YouTube. They're called "1st Amendment Auditors".
And they have 11,000+ views on that video alone. TV5? Not so much. Only a handful of TV5 videos are even close to that mark and it’s only been 10 days.



8ball
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:39 pm

Re: Tables turned on TV5, employees freak

Post by 8ball » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:00 pm

I can agree to disagree, but the evidence points to the TV5 folks shaking in their combat boots.

They hid out in a news car rather than entering the building.

They called the cops.

The balding four-eyes wanted the guys thrown off the sidewalk and both the cops and the gentlemen knew that wasn’t going to happen.

The TV5 photog got up in their faces with the hope of getting them to stop. That didn’t work either.

The TV5 folks get an “F” for failing to recognize these guys’ rights and simply leave them alone.

All the one guy had to do at the beginning was say “Hey, appreciate what you guys are doing,” and it would have been over.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic