Notice to all Buzzboard readers & posters: A requested server migration took place Saturday evening. Unfortunately, I did not re-point my DNS records to the new server until roughly 7:45p ET on Monday, November 12. As a result, any posts and new user registrations occurring between the nighttime hours of 11/10 and approximately 7:45p ET on Monday, 11/12 have been lost.

This was unavoidable, and the longer I waited to re-point to the new server, the greater the number of posts that would've been lost.

Please feel free to resubmit any threads / posts you created. They will NOT be lost this time! Many thanks for your patience these past couple of weeks while I've worked to migrate the Buzzboard to a more secure, more robust platform.

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace! Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

Stations responsability to it's city of license.

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
Turkeytop

Re: Stations responsability to it's city of license.

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:44 pm

craig11152 wrote:I am not in radio so i do not understand the nuts and bolts of the industry. but it seems to me as a business you need to respond to your customers. If they are 150 miles away so be it. Who do the advertisements aim at? If I paid for air time I'd want bang for my buck.
I have zero knowledge of U.S. law, but it seems to me the first duty of the broadcaster should be to the community, not to its advertisers or its shareholders. The radio frequency spectrum is public property. Anyone licensed to have exclusive use of a frequency within a community should be obligated to provide a service to that community. If they can't make a profit doing that they shouldn't be in business. Let someone else use that frequency.

BeerMan

Post by BeerMan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:27 pm

In short. Stations have no obligation to the community of license any more.

douglasm

Post by douglasm » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Too damn bad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic