Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tiger Baseball on TV

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Wildbill

Tiger Baseball on TV

Post by Wildbill » Wed May 22, 2024 2:09 pm

Why don’t one of the local stations pick up the games like the old days?

riggs

Re: Tiger Baseball on TV

Post by riggs » Wed May 22, 2024 2:15 pm

That would launch more lawsuits than "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve.

MLB misread where media was headed and refused to listen to the warnings.

They knew better.

This is killing their game and their hands are so tied up in potential litigation that they can't do anything about it.

If this was the NFL (not that the NFL would ever be in this position), they would say "fuck you, sue us", get the games on TV and deal with the repercussions later, the fans would love that. MLB doesn't get that either.

By the way, the days of free NFL and College Football games on TV are coming to an end. You will have to pay to watch every game within 5 years.
Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

Round Six

Re: Tiger Baseball on TV

Post by Round Six » Thu May 23, 2024 10:36 am

I believe I've said this before. I ponder how much folks would subscribe to Bally's if they could watch all the Wings and Tiger games for the season. This is our first year. Unless I'm going about it wrong, I only see the last couple games.

I will say I'm glad we have it. Probably about half the games I watch are not live, and I would of missed them if they were only OTA.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic