Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

97.1/O.J. death discussion

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
lidoshuffle

97.1/O.J. death discussion

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:59 am

Apologies here as I am posting about this subject late, was anyone listening to 97.1, Valenti/Rico discussion about OJ? Seems Rico is adamant on OJ's innocence, he didn't murder his ex-wife and Ron Goldman?
WTF???? I wanted to drive to the 97.1 studios and grab Rico by his neck and ask him "what the f*ck then who did it? Oh ok OJ's son did it"..
Maybe a bit of over reaction here, just like Trump, OJ has never gone away, even in death...
The evidence was overwhelming, both DNA, blood, and circumstantial...
The trial was turned into Mark Furman said the "N" word, and "If it doesn't fit you must acquit" line by Cochrane...even though OJ stopped taking arthritis meds before the glove fiasco, making his hands swell up, on top of that he was wearing latex gloves when he "tried" to put on the bloody gloves, OF COURSE THEY'RE NOT GONNA SLIDE ON TO FIT HIS HANDS, but that jury fell for it, just like Whitmer's voters fell for the "No Exceptions" comment by Tudor! :D
My rant, thanks for reading....and yea OJ did it, and as Norm McDonald (RIP) said on a SNL Update after the verdict was announced, "Murder is now legal in California"...

Anyone in the Buzzboard Community actually believe Orenthal James Simpson is innocent?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: 97.1/O.J. death discussion

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:43 am

I'm not terribly surprised by the fact Rico thought O.J. was innocent.

Rico is a piece of work, which probably explains why he enjoys working with Mike.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

jsf

Post by jsf » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:02 am

Seems like all thoughts go along racial lines on this case.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:16 pm

The criminal verdict was announced in the morning. In the work cafeteria at lunch that day, I heard one black guy say to another, "We're gonna have an O.J. party."

I've always had the feeling that a part of the black population felt he was guilty, glad he got away with it, but would never publicly admit it. They almost got a feeling of empowerment from what O.J. did. That's a cold, perverse interpretation, I know, but I think it applied to some people.

Also, there's a very interesting article from Valenti's former partner Terry Foster that includes these quotes:
I was one of the few black people who did not cheer when Simpson was acquitted of the murders. I carried the baggage of my father being murdered and the killer getting off Scott free. That damaged our family and I carried around the pain for decades.

I had met O.J. Simpson during a sports round table a few years before the crime. I did not like the man. He came across to me as arrogant, anti-media and anti-black. It did not surprise me he would be accused of murder down the road.

I get why black people cheered the verdict.

They had seen many black males convicted of crimes they did not commit. So it was great to see a black man beat the system. It bothered me that OJ was the shining light.
https://www.woodwardsports.com/news/i-s ... and-nicole

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:22 pm

According to criminal court records OJ did not do it.
Of course he actually did but that jury, short of a confession right there in the court room, was never going to convict.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:43 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:22 pm
Of course he actually did but that jury, short of a confession right there in the court room, was never going to convict.
Likewise, Jack Ruby, who shot & killed Oswald in front of a live television audience of millions. His original criminal conviction having been overturned on appeal, he was awaiting a new trial at his death. Under Texas law, he was a presumed innocent man when he died.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:25 pm

From the rumors that I heard on the street, it was his son who did it, and OJ was just taking the fall for him. That is why the glove didn't fit, but the DNA was close.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:23 am

dial-it-in wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:22 pm
To be clear "not guilty" does not equate to "innocent" in court records.
I no longer directly engage trolls

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:18 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:25 pm
From the rumors that I heard on the street, it was his son who did it, and OJ was just taking the fall for him. That is why the glove didn't fit, but the DNA was close.
LOL. The glove didn’t fit because he was wearing plastic gloves underneath and he used very good theatrics to pretend like they didn’t fit. Though some forensic experts have also said that the gloves were leather and caked in dried blood and had shrunk as a result.

Everyone knows OJ did it. Some are just happy he wasn’t convicted. But let’s not misrepresent the situation.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:14 pm

Well put.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:57 pm

ProducerXM wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:18 pm
The glove didn’t fit because he was wearing plastic gloves underneath and he used very good theatrics to pretend like they didn’t fit. Though some forensic experts have also said that the gloves were leather and caked in dried blood and had shrunk as a result.
Another explanation.

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news ... -on-glove/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic