Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ann Arbor Knife Attacks

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
dial-it-in

Re: Ann Arbor Knife Attacks

Post by dial-it-in » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:54 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:46 am
Connect the dots for me
Someone stealing your credit card info and ruining your credit doesnt affect your "safety" either.
Someone stealing your gas doesnt affect your "safety".
Someone hacking your passwords and accessing your bank account doesnt affect your "safety".
It seems like youre implying that the peeping is no big deal because it doesnt involve bodily harm. Would you want a peeper watching your wife, mother or daughter in the bathroom or their bedroom? Probably not. Youre taking the comment literally when I think it was more about crime in general.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:54 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Connect the dots for me
Someone stealing your credit card info and ruining your credit doesnt affect your "safety" either.
Someone hacking your passwords and accessing your bank account doesnt affect your "safety".
It seems like youre implying that the peeping is no big deal because it doesnt involve bodily harm. Would you want a peeper watching your wife, mother or daughter in the bathroom or their bedroom? Probably not. Youre taking the comment literally when I think it was more about crime in general.
With all of the content available online one would think peeping would be as relevant as cabs.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:54 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Connect the dots for me
I was responding to this comment...
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:12 pm
Between this dude and the serial peeper, A2 doesn't seem that safe any more.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:05 pm

Imagine thinking low crime means no crime...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:05 pm
Imagine thinking low crime means no crime...
Again, going back 50 years, there was a peeper exhibitionist who "worked" the garden level rooms in North Campus Dorm buildings, not far from Fuller Rd. According to female victims, he was also statistically near impossibly endowed. Because they could only see him from the waist down, never his face, I suggested they might be able to identify him by his nearly impossible endowment. A Pre Law student lived in a similar garden room a few doors down from one of the victims. He could easily have gone out his window, done his "work", and quickly slipped back into his room. When I suggested, half jokingly, that maybe he could be the pervert, and how he might be identified, he only said, "I don't know if that would hold up in a Court of Law".
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

mr v

Post by mr v » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:50 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Eugene_Watts
Shirley Small, a 17-year-old high school student from Ann Arbor, Michigan, was fatally stabbed twice in the heart outside her home on April 20, 1980. Glenda Richmond, 26, was the victim of a comparable assault on July 13, 1980, in front of her summer residence in the Ann Arbor region. A diner manager, she sustained 28 knife wounds to her chest. At both crime scenes, there was insufficient evidence to convict anyone. However, both of the murders displayed characteristics of Watts' crimes. Graduate student Rebecca Huff, age 20, of the University of Michigan, was found dead on September 14, 1980, in front of her house. She had suffered about 50 stab wounds. Her case was the first homicide that could be directly attributed to Coral.

A 20-year-old lady named "Dalpe" was attacked and stabbed on October 6 but managed to live. She ended up with partially paralysed muscles, weak muscles, could hardly eat or move her head, and her arms barely moved over her head due to the deep slashes she sustained to her face, one of which ruptured her jugular vein. On November 1, "Angus," a 30-year-old woman, spotted a black man wearing a hooded sweatshirt as she was making her way home from a Halloween party. She kept an eye on him. He bent down to tie his shoe as soon as she pulled out her keys and then immediately followed her. She ran to her front door while screaming at the top of her lungs. He was startled by her response, so he turned and fled the other way. She identified Coral Watts from a line-up of photos, but she was not sure because the outside area was dimly lighted at the time of her attack.[7]

Canadian authorities also believe Watts crossed the border into Windsor, Ontario that October, assaulting 20-year-old Sandra Dalpe outside her apartment, leaving her near death with multiple wounds to the face and throat but she survived. By that time, Watts had fallen under scrutiny from local homicide investigators. A task force was organized in July 1980 to probe the Sunday slashings, and Watts was placed under sporadic surveillance; a November court order permitted officers to plant a homing device in his car.[7]

On November 15, at around five in the morning, two police officers on patrol in the vicinity of Main Street in Ann Arbor saw a suspicious man in a car following a woman who was walking home. She attempted to hide in a doorway after realising she was being followed in the hopes that her stalker would lose her. Coral "nearly went crazy" when he lost track of the woman he was pursuing. Coral was detained by the police after they pulled over his automobile for having outdated licence plates and a suspended licence. Additionally, they examined his car and discovered a package containing wood-filing equipment and a few screwdrivers. Their most important discovery, however, was a dictionary that belonged to Huff and had the carved phrase "Rebecca is a lover" on it. It was insufficient proof, though, to hold him responsible for her slaying. Coral relocated to Columbus, Texas, in the spring of 1981, where he worked for an oil firm. He spent his weekend nights travelling more than 70 miles to his next hunting ground in the Houston region.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:50 am

mr v wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:50 am
Coral was detained by the police after they pulled over his automobile for having outdated licence plates and a suspended licence. ....
Wonder if he'd be caught if that happened now?
Under the law, unless there’s an immediate risk of harm, officers are now prohibited from stopping or detaining anyone for offenses such as a cracked windshield, loud exhaust, tinted windows, an object hanging from a rearview mirror, a broken tail light or issues with registration stickers and plates.
https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/20 ... arbor.html

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:41 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:50 am
mr v wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:50 am
Coral was detained by the police after they pulled over his automobile for having outdated licence plates and a suspended licence. ....
Wonder if he'd be caught if that happened now?
Under the law, unless there’s an immediate risk of harm, officers are now prohibited from stopping or detaining anyone for offenses such as a cracked windshield, loud exhaust, tinted windows, an object hanging from a rearview mirror, a broken tail light or issues with registration stickers and plates.
https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/20 ... arbor.html
If they ran the plate and it came back that the owner had a suspended license that’s all they need.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic