Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Pubic Rant

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Art Van Damme

Michigan Pubic Rant

Post by Art Van Damme » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:07 pm

Yea let’s beat that dead horse.

WUOM is my go to for NPR. Normally, solid reporting on issues around the state. But, I can’t get past this brand change. Michigan Public…WHAT?!?

Michigan Public Media? Michigan Public News? Michigan Public Radio? Pick one. Any one. I don’t care.

Just get rid of the brand “Michigan Public”! It sounds incomplete. It sounds awkward.

It makes all the announcers sound bad.

There was not a single damn thing wrong with the brand “Michigan Radio”. It’s heritage. It connotes the broadcasting service from the University of Michigan.

I’m not going to point fingers at new management. That’s too easy. They cannot defend themselves here. That’s who made the decision to trash a solid brand, obviously. Change for the sake of change. Marking your territory.

You can do MUCH better! Correct it. Immediately.

teetoppz28

Re: Michigan Pubic Rant

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:21 pm

Missing a letter in the title?

But it DID cause me to click into the topic! Disappointment ensued. :rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:31 pm

I agree 100 percent with Art's comments.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:39 pm

Art Van Damme wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:07 pm
Just get rid of the brand “Michigan Public”! It sounds incomplete. It sounds awkward. You can do MUCH better! Correct it. Immediately.
Why not steer your complaint here:

Contact Michigan Public

https://www.michiganpublic.org/contact-michigan-public

This page includes an EMail address link to NPR should you choose to go that route as well.

texorama

Post by texorama » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:43 am

It's just disgraceful. They seem to be making an effort to sound as slovenly as possible. It's not only this ridiculous move. Each new on-air person seems to have a stronger Midwestern accent. When I go to Boston and tune in NPR, do the news people sound like the Car Talk guys?

MichganMan

Post by MichganMan » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:55 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:21 pm
Missing a letter in the title?

But it DID cause me to click into the topic! Disappointment ensued. :rollin

Aw, come on. Now you're just splitting hairs...

FredLeonard

Post by FredLeonard » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 am

Just one more reason to hate the U of M. Other states have statewide public radio networks (Minnesota Public Radio, Wisconsin Public Radio, New Hampshire Public Radio, Vermont Public Radio, Maine Public Radio.....) but Mchigan does not. WUOM and its repeaters do not constitute a "network," let alone a state network. They can call themselves University of Michigan Public Radio but they do not have a monopoly on public radio. Michigan has other universities and they operate public radio stations which have nothing to do with WUOM.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:30 pm

Even worse on RDS in comes up as:
MiPublic

Not far from MyPubic
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:38 pm

With WCML-FM 91.7 off the air, has anyone been hearing WUOM-FM 91.7 in Northern Michigan?
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic