Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CBS Detroit Job Cuts

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
New2You

Re: CBS Detroit Job Cuts

Post by New2You » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am
So is it his fault he’s an attention seeking whore… or does Paul and his minions have any responsibility for not properly vetting and doing background searches (maybe check out his previous social media posts) prior to bringing him (and others) on to the team?
I cannot fault you there. There have absolutely been multiple hires that needed, and a few that still need, to go. We are in that phase where the fat is being trimmed from hires made by 90% the original EP's (they were horrible EP's but that was not a secret) and 10% made by the other management. The original EP's were hired by them so that also reflects on poor hiring choices at the beginning. It is much better now but there are still a small handful of bad people that just need to go.

As for Ibrahim, he was amazing at the beginning. But as he worked more and more in the community there was a change that began 1 year ago in him where he saw things one way and one way only. Any question about his stories was met with immediate anger from him. The call-back to the April Moss situation made earlier really is a fantastic description of this issue. With several highly visible arab americans on staff that are not unhappy, his argument truly does not exist.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am
If — as you suggest — he was an attention whore, he has been so for awhile. It’s not like one recently he woke up, rolled out of bed, and said ‘I’ve been a great worker at CBS Detroit, but today I’d like to really stick it to management and just make it all about me.’ He likely was that way from day one.

So is it his fault he’s an attention seeking whore… or does Paul and his minions have any responsibility for not properly vetting and doing background searches (maybe check out his previous social media posts) prior to bringing him (and others) on to the team?
People don't always reveal their true colors on demo tapes or in job interviews.

Were reference checks performed? Who knows.

I remember being impressed by some of his previous on-air reporting.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:41 pm

I was hopeful about CBS Detroit’s launch. But I continue to be more and more unimpressed. There was an opportunity for them to set a new path. Instead they’ve settled into mediocrity.

Are some of the initial bad hires to blame? Perhaps. But I think News Director Paul has failed to lift the station up to its potential.

Maybe there’s multiple people to blame. But right now only one side is facing consequences.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic