Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ford Offering Update to Keep AM Radio in EVs

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 16173

Re: Ford Offering Update to Keep AM Radio in EVs

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:05 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:39 pm
A number of Clear Channel (usually 50000 watt Class As, roughly 50 remaining stations, though many have downgraded like WOWO) have installed bunkers and EMP resistant studios and transmitters for communications during an attack. I have never heard of an FM station that did that. In the past these stations were part of a national defense network which served a distance of hundreds of miles.

I think the NCE-FM Snobs here are very naive if they think cell phones and internet would work during an attack. For one thing the AMs with such bunkers still use vacuum tubes.
Excellent point. Cellphones and internet would be toast, in fact in the situation of an attack such as nuclear, the government would shutdown the internet. If you don’t have a Faraday cage your electronics would be toast as well in the event of an Electromagnetic Pulse attack, be it natural or through a terrorist attack.

RedfordRob

Post by RedfordRob » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:04 pm

People railing against AM Radio are the same kind of people who railed against Broadcast TV and vinyl records too.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:07 am

RedfordRob wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:04 pm
People railing against AM Radio are the same kind of people who railed against Broadcast TV and vinyl records too.
No one is railing against AM. We just no longer need it in our cars.

I also have north of 1500 albums, so you might have it wrong about those who enjoy analog sound. I personally feel FM is fine.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:06 am

CurlyHoward wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:32 pm
AM is DEAD. Its remaining purpose is in niche formats. If WJR, WLS, WABC, etc. are struggling there aren't other financially viable stations in the US. You're just bloviating for the purpose of having 70 posts per day under however many screen names per year, as usual.
And this coming from a guy, who uses a screen name from the dumbest stooge out of all the stooges. :rollin

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:53 pm

Oh wow, I'm wounded. Way more pathetic than creating multiple fake personas with fake "real names" to make scores of mindless fantasy radio posts, for sure.

Go jerk off to Marsha Blackburn you shut in moron.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:59 am

CurlyHoward wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:53 pm
Oh wow, I'm wounded. Way more pathetic than creating multiple fake personas with fake "real names" to make scores of mindless fantasy radio posts, for sure.

It's gone again. You scared off "Mark Nelson". LOL.

I've lost track of all the names; Steve Korvette, Jeff Dugan, Mark Nelson. I know there were a lot more.

Art Van Damme

Post by Art Van Damme » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:23 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:59 am
CurlyHoward wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:53 pm

It's gone again. You scared off "Mark Nelson". LOL.

I've lost track of all the names; Steve Korvette, Jeff Dugan, Mark Nelson. I know there were a lot more.
Kudos on the takedown! LOL

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:47 pm

Was LL101 as they used a lot of user names.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic