Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Holiday 2023 ratings

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario

Greg Buben

Re: Holiday 2023 ratings

Post by Greg Buben » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:19 am

What I don't know is where they draw the line between December ratings and Holiday ratings in the major markets.
Also I noticed that Detroit is now the 14th market in the country instead of 13th.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:09 pm

December 7 to January 3 is the period covered by the Holiday survey.

There are thirteen survey periods per year in PPM markets. Each covers four weeks.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

atariboy

Post by atariboy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:36 pm

WJR down with the college stations lol. Time to pull that garbage off the air, that station needs an enema!

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:52 pm

WFDF is in the same spot for the last 3 books, what a joke. WJR only 2.4 but they must have high billing, how much money can they make running Victor's Roofing ads?

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:14 am

Mark Nelson wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:52 pm
WJR only 2.4 but they must have high billing, how much money can they make running Victor's Roofing ads?
It's an election year.
They'll be fine.

Cdnvinylman

Post by Cdnvinylman » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:15 pm

Haven’t listened to terrestrial radio in years. WDET was the last time I listened when they were music centric. Just seems like a thing of the past to me now. Who listens to AM. 😂

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:22 am

Cdnvinylman wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:15 pm
Haven’t listened to terrestrial radio in years. WDET was the last time I listened when they were music centric. Just seems like a thing of the past to me now. Who listens to AM. 😂
And yet here you are, on a radio message board. :lol

I'm the same way. Never watched the UFC but sure do love to check out those message boards.

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:57 am

armchair pd wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:22 am
Cdnvinylman wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:15 pm
And yet here you are, on a radio message board. :lol

I'm the same way. Never watched the UFC but sure do love to check out those message boards.
I don’t listen to terrestrial radio either. Internet radio is radio, ham radio is radio and Sirius XM is radio. Last time I checked this is right place to be.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:23 pm

My winter car does not have Sirius, so I've actually heard more terrestrial radio over the past couple of months then I normally do. I still generally dislike WLLZ's playlist choices when I happen upon them but its clear they do now sometimes throw some good stuff in there. They are still too "soft" and dependent on focus group tracks but anytime "Flirtin' With Disaster" by Molly Hatchet is spun is a plus and Ive heard some other solid underrated stuff too. Podell's odd affection for Mr. Positive is frustrating as nothing will get me reaching for the button faster than that clown.
So, as always, fuck you WLLZ and every decision maker there. Be better.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:24 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:23 pm
My winter car does not have Sirius, so I've actually heard more terrestrial radio over the past couple of months then I normally do. I still generally dislike WLLZ's playlist choices when I happen upon them but its clear they do now sometimes throw some good stuff in there. They are still too "soft" and dependent on focus group tracks but anytime "Flirtin' With Disaster" by Molly Hatchet is spun is a plus and Ive heard some other solid underrated stuff too. Podell's odd affection for Mr. Positive is frustrating as nothing will get me reaching for the button faster than that clown.
They're definitely not playing cookie cutter songs.
CSX plays those, and I know you don't want to hear this, but that's why they're so successful
Music is my life.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:22 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:24 pm
dial-it-in wrote:
CSX plays those, and I know you don't want to hear this, but that's why they're so successful
All within the past couple of hours per their website:
Hotel California
Livin on a Prayer
Edge of Seventeen
Dream On
Carry on Wayward Son

Plus others that I would consider "safe songs"

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:35 pm

Hey, I've never heard those songs one single solitary time in my life. I wonder if they're any good. I sure hope they play them again in the next five hours!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:14 am

dial-it-in wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:22 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
dial-it-in wrote:
Hotel California
Livin on a Prayer
Edge of Seventeen
Dream On
Carry on Wayward Son

Oh cmon you cherry picked those out of the other 20 non safe songs. They did not play those in that order. But WCSX would
Music is my life.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:49 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:14 am
dial-it-in wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:22 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
dial-it-in wrote:
Hotel California
Livin on a Prayer
Edge of Seventeen
Dream On
Carry on Wayward Son

Oh cmon you cherry picked those out of the other 20 non safe songs. They did not play those in that order. But WCSX would
Oh for sure. WCSX is "safe song" defined. I begrudgingly gave WLLZ a bit of credit earlier. They do try to throw some good stuff in there every once and awhile and I think they have gotten a touch better. My personal taste for a "New generation of classic rock" would not have "Hotel California" (worn out, soft and weak), "Dream On" (worn out) etc. though
There is a crap ton of great rock and roll from from the 80's and 90's they could play instead which is my number 1 beef with them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic