Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CBE FM 89.9 Signal Issues

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Paul Richards

CBE FM 89.9 Signal Issues

Post by Paul Richards » Wed May 08, 2024 6:28 pm

I’ve noticed lately in Macomb County that CBE-FM 89.9 is not as strong as it once was. Has the power been reduced from the 100,000 watt signal that it’s allowed to broadcast at? There is a lot of co-channel interference as well in my location in Shelby Township. Anyone else notice the signal degradation at other locations.

Jo and the Ho gotta Go.

mmb5

Re: CBE FM 89.9 Signal Issues

Post by mmb5 » Wed May 08, 2024 7:53 pm

No issues in western Wayne or Detroit.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed May 08, 2024 10:13 pm

Sounds like E-Skip from the Ionosphere is starting to happen again. Most of it happens from May to August and sometimes again in December.

syntheticexctasy

Post by syntheticexctasy » Thu May 09, 2024 1:56 pm

I can confirm that Tropospheric Enhancement and Eskip have both been pretty active over the last week. I, for instance had WRRO Edon, OH (1.4KW) in over CBE a couple days this week from Monroe County.

The band has changed dramatically over the last couple of weeks. Over the winter, I can point my antenna in virtually any direction and receive all of the detroit FMs from Monroe County, however since the weather has warmed up this is not the case. The reason for this is because there are distant signals in every other direction which causes CCI. If the signal isn't enough to overcome the other, it will simply come across as static, and may sound like a 'weak' signal, when in fact it's just being interfered with (CCI).

WYCD was more unlistenable than usual (blegh) for the last few days in Monroe county, only because WGAR Cleveland was completely overpowering them (because of tropospheric enhancement). Similar story for WKQI and WUFL.

Paul Richards

Post by Paul Richards » Thu May 09, 2024 2:49 pm

syntheticexctasy wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 1:56 pm
I can confirm that Tropospheric Enhancement and Eskip have both been pretty active over the last week. I, for instance had WRRO Edon, OH (1.4KW) in over CBE a couple days this week from Monroe County.

The band has changed dramatically over the last couple of weeks. Over the winter, I can point my antenna in virtually any direction and receive all of the detroit FMs from Monroe County, however since the weather has warmed up this is not the case. The reason for this is because there are distant signals in every other direction which causes CCI. If the signal isn't enough to overcome the other, it will simply come across as static, and may sound like a 'weak' signal, when in fact it's just being interfered with (CCI).

WYCD was more unlistenable than usual (blegh) for the last few days in Monroe county, only because WGAR Cleveland was completely overpowering them (because of tropospheric enhancement). Similar story for WKQI and WUFL.
Thanks for the info.
Jo and the Ho gotta Go.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic