Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

BEASLEY DET VP accepts retirement package

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
AMFMTV

BEASLEY DET VP accepts retirement package

Post by AMFMTV » Fri May 10, 2024 3:39 pm

RAMP has learned that Scott Jameson, Beasley VP of National Content and Detroit Director Of Programming was offered — and has accepted — a voluntary retirement package from Beasley, which, as we know, has been undergoing a 7% reduction in force.

In a statement, Jameson said, “With the many staff reductions and job position eliminations happening in the radio industry, I was offered a Voluntary Retirement Opportunity with Beasley Media. I’m thankful to Caroline Beasley, Brian Beasley and Justin Chase for supporting this opportunity and my time with the company. Here in Detroit I was fortunate to be a part of a fun and creative team working alongside two terrific market managers, Mac Edwards and Patti Taylor.”

Jameson joined Beasley in July 2020 as Director of Programming for Active Rock WRIF, Classic Rock WCSX, Classic Hip Hop WMGC (105.1 The Bounce), Urban AC WDMK (105.9 Kiss FM)/Detroit, and the Inspirational Praise Network.

Before that he spent eight years with Cumulus Minneapolis as Corporate VP of Classic Rock Programming, PD of Classic Rock KQRS and Operations Manager of KQRS, Active Rock KXXR (93X) & Classic Hip Hop trimulcast WGVX-WRXP-WWWM (105 The Vibe).

Earlier in his career Jameson served as Corporate VP of Adult Rock Programming for CBS Radio, PD of Triple A WZGC (92.9 Dave FM)/Atlanta and Executive Producer of the Atlanta Falcons Radio Network. Prior to that, he notably spent 15 years with Clear Channel Indianapolis as Director of FM Programming for Classic Rock WFBQ and Alternative WRZX."

https://ramp247.com/programming/jameson ... jOkjsZsUki
Last edited by AMFMTV on Fri May 10, 2024 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WRIF/WCSX PD Jameson accepts retirement package

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 10, 2024 3:51 pm

Jade Springart (I may have misspelled her last name) has been the WRIF PD for a while. She reported to him.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: BEASLEY DET VP accepts retirement package

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 10, 2024 7:01 pm

With Jameson gone, I'm holding onto a glimmer of hope that WRIF's god awful audio processing might improve. Mid treble is absurdly overemphasized and overall dynamic range / soundstage is lacking on so many songs.

AMFMTV

Post by AMFMTV » Fri May 10, 2024 7:32 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:01 pm
With Jameson gone, I'm holding onto a glimmer of hope that WRIF's god awful audio processing might improve. Mid treble is absurdly overemphasized and overall dynamic range / soundstage is lacking on so many songs.

That should be the PDs purview/prerogative.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 10, 2024 7:41 pm

I cannot help but wonder if 105.9's dramatically revised playlist (implemented within the past several days) and improved audio quality are due to his departure? Alternatively, perhaps he helped craft those changes on his way out the door?

The station is suddenly sounding a lot better after suffering some terrible ratings books in recent months.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic