Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WPON's AA and Revolving Door Show

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Re: WPON's AA and Revolving Door Show

Post by Bobbert » Thu May 09, 2024 5:47 pm

Great show. Probably the best AARD show I've ever heard. But it has to be, because it's the first one I've ever heard from beginning to end.

edj

Post by edj » Thu May 09, 2024 5:58 pm

Why are they sounding like Buzzboard posters all of a sudden? haha

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu May 09, 2024 6:09 pm

"You keep pouring joy into it, and it gets better and better."

Nice words.

ItsJustCharlie

Post by ItsJustCharlie » Thu May 09, 2024 6:25 pm

Thank you guys so much for listening today! I'll put the podcast stuff in here and make a separate board for it. You have all been the best!

edj

Post by edj » Fri May 10, 2024 8:28 pm

Heard some high school (or were they junior high?) kids in that slot today talking about body piercings. A serious discussion, no comedy.

Paul Richards

Post by Paul Richards » Sat May 11, 2024 8:17 am

edj wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 8:28 pm
Heard some high school (or were they junior high?) kids in that slot today talking about body piercings. A serious discussion, no comedy.
The future of radio. I had listened to the 3 new podcasts for AA and Revolving Door, not much different than what you just described on the new hosts on 1460. The AA and Revolving thing may have jumped the shark. Boring. :(
Jo and the Ho gotta Go.

NESNerd427

Post by NESNerd427 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:07 am

edj wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 8:28 pm
It's the Hazel Park High School youth radio program, put together by Crystal Mayo. They're doing four Friday radio shows from 4-6 which, intentionally or not, cut into our time slot and forced us to end on a Thursday.

NESNerd427

Post by NESNerd427 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:54 am

While I'm here, I'd like to write my final thoughts on the radio show and some thoughts about the podcast. First off, I'd like to thank everyone for listening to The Double-A Revolving Door Show over these short two years the program was on. We went from a one day a week, two hour show talking about new Dorito flavors, to a five day a week show with segments, a format, and tons of listener engagement from all of you out there in listenerland. I've said it many times on the show: without listeners, what's the point of me even coming in here. Radio has been a dream of mine ever since I was a little kid listening to the hosts and the music on a portable Sony radio, so this really was a dream come true and a great start to my career with bigger and better things to come. The only regret I have with the show is not being able to close it out with a full week of entertainment. With the youth radio program, which I am a part of as their mentor/board operator, I had to sacrifice 3 days of our final week. However, I am happy that we got to end on a Thursday. But other than that, thanks again for all of the great memories made on the wildest show on AM radio!

Before I touch on the podcast, I did want to let everyone know about a big programming change on WPON. As you may or may not have heard, a day after the show ended, Lindsay Renee of The Rhythm and Soul Patrol Show announced that it was her final show and that she was moving out of state. I know her show and ours were considered the "heavy hitters" of WPON, and I can assure you that her exodus from the station was not at all coordinated with ours. Just a wild coincidence. So, I guess you get to hear more automation music until someone comes along and purchases the airtime.

Ok, now some thoughts about the podcast. I know that this is a big change from the radio show, and it's not for everyone. One of my favorite sayings is "For every item on the menu, there's someone willing to buy it." If you love it, you love it. If you don't, you move on and listen to something else. Whether you are part of the fan club or the hate club, we appreciate you giving us a shot. I know some of the episodes (the introduction one especially) are a bit rough, but so was the Revolving Door when it first started. They can only get better from here.

To wrap up this novel I've written here, I want to thank everyone again for listening to the Revolving Door over the years on WPON. I have been offered a free hour on the air, which I may or may not take up. If I do, it most likely won't be under the Revolving Door branding, since we want to lay that project to rest. I'm still working as a host on 93.5 WHMI-FM on Sundays from 12PM-5PM and am very much enjoying it. Sure, it's not quite like the Revolving Door was, but at least I'm getting paid to be on the air! For the fans of the Revolving Door, I have a massive catalog of our old shows and I am working on setting up a 24-hour internet radio station called Revolving Door Radio. I'll keep everyone posted on the status of that project.

But other than that, thanks for listening to the show and the podcast (whether you liked it or not), and stay tuned for more episodes and future projects to come!

God bless, have a good one, take care, get your pets spayed and neutered, and I'll catch you on the flipside. Goodbye!

-Aaron

Paul Richards

Post by Paul Richards » Sat May 11, 2024 11:11 am

One platform you may want to check out is www.live365.com, I know that Live365 covers music royalty cost that is included on your monthly fee. It’s an excellent platform for internet radio enthusiasts and not bad on monthly costs. I do know a few of my friends that are on Live365 and are very pleased with that platform. Live365 also has an app for IOS and Android, check out your App Store. Please post updated info on your quest for an internet radio platform. Good Luck.
Jo and the Ho gotta Go.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun May 19, 2024 10:04 am

A question came up about this show in the Ron Cameron thread.

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 49#p784049

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic