Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mixed Feelings About WJR since their Lineup Change

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Colonel Flagg

Re: Mixed Feelings About WJR since their Lineup Change

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:26 pm

radiofann wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:20 pm
I gotta say this history of metro Detroit is very interesting and one I will look up and absorb more.

I will say, keeping this thread on WJR but comparing to WWJ.

Greg bowman is on morning weekends on WWJ, a real class act and longtime Detroit radio presence going back to Honey Radio days. I think he retired previously but is back on.

I’m much more likely to tune to WWJ anytime on weekends for news-weather vs anything that’s withering away on WJR’s weekend lineup. It’s a pleasure to find solid mainstays on WWJ still.
Agreed.

When Greg Bowman, Mike Campbell, or Pat Vitale are on WWJ, I definitely listen longer.

The pablum that passes for programming on WJR, particularly on the weekend, is not very interesting. While I realize that Mark Hollis may be someone of great influence, that doesn't mean he's entertaining. I almost wonder if he's paying for the time. I'd rather hear Warren Pierce. I'd throw Kevin O'Neill on Sunday mornings. I'm sure he could come up with something good. Maybe even play a song or two.

WJR needs to ditch MSU. I don't think it helps the station's image, and the programming that comes out of MSU is barely mediocre. When I worked in Lansing (nevermind how long ago) Spartan sports was relegated to AM 1240 WJIM, a country station at the time. Let Salem or Adell have MSU.

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:46 am

When Greg Bowman, Mike Campbell, or Pat Vitale are on WWJ, I definitely listen longer.
💯
WJR needs to ditch MSU. I don't think it helps the station's image, and the programming that comes out of MSU is barely mediocre. When I worked in Lansing (nevermind how long ago) Spartan sports was relegated to AM 1240 WJIM, a country station at the time. Let Salem or Adell have MSU.
On the weekend, WJR would simply replace MSU sports with more paid-for content or mind numbingly boring shows.

Will Tieman's basketball play by play is indeed an awful listen. I thought he stunk 25 years ago. I'm stunned he's still there after all these years.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:34 pm

It's still a far cry from what WWJ has, but 760 is up to a 2.4 share in the survey released today.

Certainly not good, but AQH share is very gradually moving in the right direction.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:11 pm

I doubt it has anything to do with morning drive, or 9AM til Noon, both of which border on the line of unlistenable.

edj

Post by edj » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:19 pm

I doubt it’s MSU considering how awful they’ve been, among other things.
The only time I listen to WJR is Baligian and occasionally Renwick. Very rarely I’ll listen to Jordan and Dietz.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:55 pm

edj wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:19 pm
I doubt it’s MSU considering how awful they’ve been, among other things.
The only time I listen to WJR is Baligian and occasionally Renwick. Very rarely I’ll listen to Jordan and Dietz.
I could be wrong, but just from listening occasionally, I don't think Tom and Kevin are getting along. Kevin barely lets Tom get a word in. I also have noticed that when Tom is off, Kevin never mentions him, or why he's missing. When Shep was filling in for Tom, Kevin seemed a lot more courteous to his co-host. A LOT more.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic