Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Constant negativity

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
dial-it-in

Re: Constant negativity

Post by dial-it-in » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:48 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:04 am
km1125 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:08 am
RayQix wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:04 pm
Work hard doesn’t always equal better pay

Would be nice tho
If it doesn't that's your own fault.

Working harder and putting in effort can ALWAYS leave you better off. Better educated, better respected by your peers, and more valued by an employer, even if it's not the one you're currently employed with.

The entire middle class (and those "less fortunate" too) would be better off if they realized that their future is their responsibility, not their employers and not their unions.
Because we can all win if we just work hard… if you work hard you too can become rich… want to be a millionaire? Just work hard. Everyone can be rich.

That’s the trouble… there have to be losers even if 100% of us worked as hard as possible.
Thats just life in general. I think the point is that while working hard doesnt guarantee you'll get rich, it certainly has better odds than NOT working hard and expecting to be rich.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:15 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:48 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:04 am
km1125 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:08 am
RayQix wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:04 pm
Work hard doesn’t always equal better pay

Would be nice tho
If it doesn't that's your own fault.

Working harder and putting in effort can ALWAYS leave you better off. Better educated, better respected by your peers, and more valued by an employer, even if it's not the one you're currently employed with.

The entire middle class (and those "less fortunate" too) would be better off if they realized that their future is their responsibility, not their employers and not their unions.
Because we can all win if we just work hard… if you work hard you too can become rich… want to be a millionaire? Just work hard. Everyone can be rich.

That’s the trouble… there have to be losers even if 100% of us worked as hard as possible.
Thats just life in general. I think the point is that while working hard doesnt guarantee you'll get rich, it certainly has better odds than NOT working hard and expecting to be rich.
Valid… but it’s sold as YOU WILL be a success not as “hey, here’s a shot at it good luck”…

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:50 pm

Am I compensated for the work I do? Yes

Do they tell me I’m valued and doing a good job at what I do? Yes

Do I believe it…. Getting there ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic