Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

950 WWJ lies to its listeners

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Round Six

Re: 950 WWJ lies to its listeners

Post by Round Six » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:42 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:05 am
I suspect because you're local to Michigan to be familiar with those 3 examples. I work with people all over the country who are not familiar with Michigan and those pronunciations, and I have heard the wrong pronunciations for all 3 of those examples when referring to the Michigan version. My point is that the same is possibly true for Annapolis, and I suspect many people throughout Metro Detroit may not be familiar with ANN-AP-olis, not because the personality on the radio necessarily pronounced it wrong.
But who's saying it wrong?

What I mean is this. If the folks in Michigan and North Carolina say Charlotte differently, is one state saying it wrong?
Ask our friends around Columbus how they say Nevada. Not like how the folks in Reno and Vegas say it.
I don't think either is wrong, as long as it's how the natives say it.

Edit: Talking with someone while walking this morning. Our conversation came around to this topic. She is from Galveston Indiana. Pronounced different than the town in Texas.
Last edited by Round Six on Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

rollerskate8

Post by rollerskate8 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:15 pm

Newsman123 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:29 pm
There is nothing to “fix”. They are more than happy with the ratings. Brooke left on her on own accord, an insider tells me.
It couldn’t be more obvious you’re the insider lol

Newsman123

Post by Newsman123 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:42 am

rollerskate8 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:15 pm
Newsman123 wrote:
There is nothing to “fix”. They are more than happy with the ratings. Brooke left on her on own accord, an insider tells me.
It couldn’t be more obvious you’re the insider lol
Lol. Well, sometimes.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:58 am

Newsman123 wrote:
I doubt they are "more than happy" with the ratings (the shift to remote work is not good for heavily commuting dependent stations such as WWJ), although I have little reason to doubt your statement about her departure being of her own accord.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:05 am

Will this be reported on WWJ?

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2594 ... negotiate/

Unless forbearance is ultimately granted, the company changes course and makes the payment, or an out of court restructuring deal is reached, such action is often a precursor to a bankruptcy filing within 30 days.

edj

Post by edj » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:42 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:05 am
Will this be reported on WWJ?

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2594 ... negotiate/

Unless forbearance is ultimately granted, the company changes course and makes the payment, or an out of court restructuring deal is reached, such action is often a precursor to a bankruptcy filing within 30 days.
What are the odds of any of the scenarios occurring (besides bankruptcy)?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:49 pm

Great question.

The only key difference between Audacy and iHM and Cumulus is Audacy's stock is largely concentrated in the hands of the Field family still.

Still, there are multiple layers in Audacy's capital stack, with first lien lenders (revolving + term B-2 debt), second lien lenders (two tranches), receivables purchase facility lenders, and of course, ordinary course of business vendors followed by shareholders. Thus, I think an out of court restructure is a longshot. I think a partial pre-pack 11 filing where RSAs are executed with some (but not all) key creditors is most probable. If that's what happens, they should be able to exit court within 3 to 6 months.

The first lien lenders should come out of any restructuring whole or nearly whole. I think second lien lenders, who are basically bondholders, will receive pennies on the dollar. Could be any combination of cash, newco debt or newco equity. The receivables purchase facility lenders have nothing to worry about by virtue of how their instrument is structured.

Most ordinary course of business vendors should be unaffected (i.e. business as usual), but if the company is leasing any non-core assets, it is possible they could use an 11 proceeding to try to dump some of those obligations. They could also use an 11 to either dump or renegotiate unprofitable or marginally profitable rights contracts (I would expect that card to be played only on an isolated basis).

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:14 pm

After taking a look at Audacy's financial reports, I think the second lien lenders are going to get hosed.

Realistically, enterprise value of the company is likely between $800 million and $1 billion.

I suspect the company will enter Chapter 11 voluntarily if they can broker a deal with the 1st lien lenders. It might help Audacy's cause if the 1st lien lenders can be treated as an Impaired class of creditors. That would make it easier to fuck over the bondholders and might make it easier for the Field family to negotiate a deal where they are allowed to remain affiliated with the reorganized company in some capacity.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:45 pm

Jesus Christ, Mark! English!

I think I'm gonna "skip" my mortgage payment this month. Report THAT.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:25 pm

I like the delivery of the female I've heard co-anchoring with Tony this week. I'd be fine with hearing her in that daypart on a regular basis.

edj

Post by edj » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:56 pm

Tracy McCaskill. She's better at news than traffic.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:14 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of her anchoring.

Art Van Damme

Post by Art Van Damme » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:34 pm

If she can moderate the pitch of her voice a bit, she has a beautiful timbre in the alto range.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:57 pm

Art Van Damme wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:34 pm
If she can moderate the pitch of her voice a bit, she has a beautiful timbre in the alto range.
Agreed.

The high pitched voice gets a bit tiring when she's anchoring solo. Co-anchoring, she sounds much better. At least she has some enthusiasm. Sometimes, in the morning, Jonathan Carlson sounds like he's barely awake.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:12 am

Hey WWJ- the Lions play Carolina this weekend, not the Jacksonville Jaguars. Sheesh.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic