Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The new 910AM News Talk Superstation

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Tvguy

Re: The new 910AM News Talk Superstation

Post by Tvguy » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:01 pm

Hi, Mr. Adell said the billboards are working great because you’re talking about them here. He bought 30 billboards around the state including the Traverse City area because Clay Buxton lives up there in the summer and does his show from there. He also bought spots on the Fox News channel through Comcast and other social media outlets.

Most important are the Nielsen numbers, In July 910AM had 2,100 listeners with the old format, in August (without out any advertising) 910AM had 6,700 listeners with the temporary sports format. Now around October 4th the numbers for September will be out with the new Conservative talk format and Mr. Adell wants me to post them here so you can see them first. Any guesses on what they will be?

You can also pickup 910AM on Satellite. It’s on Galaxy 32 transponder 19C 4066.5 MHz H 6.62Ms/S on a sub-channel of the Word Network. Along with that he has a surprise coming in October.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:06 pm

Us talking about them here doesn't necessarily translate to advertising dollars. Buying TV ad time on conservative opinion cable networks is a wise move, though.

Thanks for your willingness to share the weekly cume figures. Given the newness of the format and because only a couple weeks of the new programming will be captured in the next Nielsen release, I'll guess 20,000.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

edj

Post by edj » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:24 pm

They've sent Justin Barclay from Grand Rapids up to Mackinac for the GOP convention, and airing short reports. Still no advertising, other than for the Adell Center in Novi (which doesn't count).

I don't know if advertising in SW Michigan and Traverse City will actually bring in advertisers. Unless Premiere is paying for clearance, there's no revenue at the moment.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:42 pm

I’ll give Adell credit - he is trying. The signal is spotty in Windsor, so I don’t always listen. I heard a Barclay spot today and was surprised. Nice to hear a quick local news update. Maybe he will take The Patriot for a run. The only show I like on there lately is Hugh Hewitt.

edj

Post by edj » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:20 pm

They’ve got to get their act together. During the Trump speech in Clinton Twp, the audio kept dropping for the few minutes I listened. WJR had no issues.

I know they’re trying and Adell is spending a few bucks, but problems like this, after being heavily promoted on the station, doesn’t help.

Still no local commercials, unless the Doug Bergum ad was bought locally as opposed to national. It’s the same one I have heard on WAAM.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:48 am

I saw one around the I-69/I-94 interchange near Marshall last week.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:04 am

WFDF was loud and clear yesterday at my house until about 7PM. Today, it's buried in the noise floor buzz again.

On a programming note, I wish they would carry Joe Pags instead of the Jesse Kelly show. Joe Pags has ties to Michigan, and would be a better fit for 6PM. WSPD Toledo carries Pags, who is based at WOAI San Antonio. Clearing the show in Detroit would make good business sense.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:56 pm

If it was the old days, they would have had a few transmitter engineers out there to fix minor problems before they became major problems and having to take the transmitters off the air and the AUX transmitter on. There is a new set of problems with solid state and computer chip controls and programming that WJR doesn't have with their old alternate tube 50000 watt Doomsday transmitter to switch to when all else fails. WFDF isn't the only newfangled 50 kW transmitter with problems. One in Northwest Michigan, top rated station, had a failure for months in the last year, running at seriously low power. I can calculate the power being used quite accurately using the FIM-41. I noticed the other Day driving down I-75 near West Branch that WFDF was on low power part of the time, because it's usually neck and neck with WWJ.

Going to 25000 watts Night shouldn't be as big a problem with the signal that you are experiencing. Now, there are stations coming in after Sunset that are still on Day facilities. I've noticed KOEL 950 Oelwein, IA interfering with WWJ right around Sunset in Northern Michigan too, and sometimes WNTD Chicago, but not as much.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Radiobirdman

Post by Radiobirdman » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:05 pm

I wonder if they're still on low power since this past week before sunrise I could hear a couple of stations underneath.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:46 pm

Radiobirdman wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:05 pm
I wonder if they're still on low power since this past week before sunrise I could hear a couple of stations underneath.
Neither WWJ nor WFDF are clear channel stations, and as such are not afforded Critical Hours protection, or stations that go on Day facilities before local Sunrise and stay on Day facilities past local Sunset. WWJ gets somewhat better NIF protection, and WFDF reduces power to 25000 watts Night. Where the signal is strong in the major lobe, there should be little interference.

When at full power, WWJ and WFDF are the #1 and #2 strongest Night skywave signals in Northern Michigan. Both are often close to interference free much of the time. WJR, WSCR, WGN, WBBM, WLS, and others are very noticeably weaker, though more interference free.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:14 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:04 am
WFDF was loud and clear yesterday at my house until about 7PM. Today, it's buried in the noise floor buzz again.

On a programming note, I wish they would carry Joe Pags instead of the Jesse Kelly show. Joe Pags has ties to Michigan, and would be a better fit for 6PM. WSPD Toledo carries Pags, who is based at WOAI San Antonio. Clearing the show in Detroit would make good business sense.
+1
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:10 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:04 am
Tonight, near Pellston, WFDF was crystal clear before and after 7:00 PM October Sunset time. I heard the pattern change and power reduction, but heard no increased interference. Perfectly listenable signal. Program was very listenable, with occasional fades, which are also present on WWJ. Meanwhile, WJR was much weaker. Now Ohio would be another story.

Saturday, I listened to the whole UM-MSU game on WWJ, with the volume turned down on the TV.

-Author Unknown

billmich88888

Post by billmich88888 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:03 am

how did you sync the video and audio?

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:00 pm

Tvguy wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:01 pm
Hi, Mr. Adell said the billboards are working great because you’re talking about them here. He bought 30 billboards around the state including the Traverse City area because Clay Buxton lives up there in the summer and does his show from there. He also bought spots on the Fox News channel through Comcast and other social media outlets.

Most important are the Nielsen numbers, In July 910AM had 2,100 listeners with the old format, in August (without out any advertising) 910AM had 6,700 listeners with the temporary sports format. Now around October 4th the numbers for September will be out with the new Conservative talk format and Mr. Adell wants me to post them here so you can see them first. Any guesses on what they will be?

You can also pickup 910AM on Satellite. It’s on Galaxy 32 transponder 19C 4066.5 MHz H 6.62Ms/S on a sub-channel of the Word Network. Along with that he has a surprise coming in October.
You need to clean up the format clock on the Glenn Beck Program. We shouldn't be hearing Glenn saying "Ten second station I.D" or the female AI voice saying "45 seconds!"

These are cues that only the board-op or engineer should hear (if there is one) but they are not meant to be heard on-air. Should be an easy fix with your automation.

Just helping, not trolling. :smokin
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Radiobirdman

Post by Radiobirdman » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:42 pm

The last few days the signal strength drops way down for a few min and then back up for a few min over and over as if a switch is being tripped over and over. I've hever heard that before on any station. What can be causing it?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic