Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Stoney

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Dan in Northville

Re: Stoney

Post by Dan in Northville » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:03 am

Never could stand listening to Costa. He comes off too much like a know-it-all. If I want to be lectured to, I'll go back to school.

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:57 am

Dan in Northville wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:03 am
Never could stand listening to Costa. He comes off too much like a know-it-all. If I want to be lectured to, I'll go back to school.
Can you imagine a pairing of Valenti and Costa? Costa is a wannabe Valenti.

I agree with a previous post - I think Bogey would be a great replacement.

Why not pair Stoney and Wojo for a weekly show, for old-times’ sake?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:21 pm

BKRPDM wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:57 am
Dan in Northville wrote:
Can you imagine a pairing of Valenti and Costa? Costa is a wannabe Valenti.

I agree with a previous post - I think Bogey would be a great replacement.

Why not pair Stoney and Wojo for a weekly show, for old-times’ sake?
They both give off creepy old man vibes. I remember hearing Stony on that show with Bill McAllister and they were talking about women’s underwear. It really creeped me out. I can’t listen to him since.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:49 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:02 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:07 pm
Good article:
https://www.freep.com/story/entertainme ... 658290007/

Maybe his replacement will be Ron Cameron! LOL

Six month non-competes are pretty common. Let's see if anyone suddenly vanishes from another station's airwaves locally. If so, that person is likely heir apparent to Stoney.

I have an uneasy feeling Jeff Rieger (already at 97.1) will be promoted. I'd rather hear him in the morning than Doug "5 packs a day" Karsch, though.
Ha! Ron would say he is too busy for morning radio and wants to report to know one. Ron has alluded many times, nothing beats brokered radio for him lol
You nailed it. Of course Ron will probably tell his listeners that he was the first choice for every radio job that "Stoney" ever held.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:36 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:49 pm
radiofan1974 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Good article:

Six month non-competes are pretty common. Let's see if anyone suddenly vanishes from another station's airwaves locally. If so, that person is likely heir apparent to Stoney.

I have an uneasy feeling Jeff Rieger (already at 97.1) will be promoted. I'd rather hear him in the morning than Doug "5 packs a day" Karsch, though.
Ha! Ron would say he is too busy for morning radio and wants to report to know one. Ron has alluded many times, nothing beats brokered radio for him lol
You nailed it. Of course Ron will probably tell his listeners that he was the first choice for every radio job that "Stoney" ever held.
I really don't know much about this Ron Cameron dude. I looked him up and there is a comprehensive wiki article about this guy! It looks almost like either a fan or he himself wrote this out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Camer ... rtscaster)

Most edits have been done by BobHollberg. He also did some work on an article on the Redford Theatre.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:55 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:36 pm
Bobbert wrote:
radiofan1974 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Good article:

I really don't know much about this Ron Cameron dude. I looked him up and there is a comprehensive wiki article about this guy! It looks almost like either a fan or he himself wrote this out.

Most edits have been done by BobHollberg. He also did some work on an article on the Redford Theatre.
I can take the credit (or blame) for that Wikipedia article. On his show, Ron keeps talking about writing his biography with Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News. That seems less and less likely to happen, so I thought it might be interesting to put together a Wikipedia page on Ron, mostly from the Detroit Free Press archives on Newspapers.com.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:59 pm

Dan in Northville wrote:
Can't stand Costa for some of the reasons you said and he seems to be too scripted. He hits all the corporate talking points, comes off as a brown noser as well. I haven't been much of a Stoney fan as of late, he comes off as a winey baby in some of his debates with others and really comes off like Grandpa. I kind of like Riger, he's worn on me but is a good sport about making fun of himself. Whenever Costa is on, I turn the channel.

Gertner

Post by Gertner » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:31 pm

Costa is one of the few listenable people on the station.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:49 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:36 pm
Bobbert wrote:
radiofan1974 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Good article:

If you want to hear the train wreck live you can tune in to him online on Friday and sundays from 11-1 on his brokered radio show, and you can get more background reviewing the forum posts done most
Of the time while he is on the air

MrTaterSalad

Post by MrTaterSalad » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:14 am

What about Hammer getting the morning show slot to replace Stoney? I know Jennifer Hammond has her duties on Fox 2 that would probably come before anything on radio. But she'd bring a unique perspective and something the station has always lacked, a women who knows and loves sports. As well, she's got prior radio experience having worked on WDFN back in the day. I think any one of Jim Costa, Jennifer Hammond, or Sean Baligian would make a great choice.

sizzlechest

Post by sizzlechest » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:20 pm

I know most of you will rag on me for this, but I'd prefer that Bill and Sara return and have Riger as the third.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:49 pm

MrTaterSalad wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:14 am
What about Hammer getting the morning show slot to replace Stoney? I know Jennifer Hammond has her duties on Fox 2 that would probably come before anything on radio. But she'd bring a unique perspective and something the station has always lacked, a women who knows and loves sports. As well, she's got prior radio experience having worked on WDFN back in the day. I think any one of Jim Costa, Jennifer Hammond, or Sean Baligian would make a great choice.
I've always liked Hammer and I think shed do fine. And I dont care what anyone says I think shes kind of sexy (yes I know shes not stick thin).

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:50 pm

sizzlechest wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:20 pm
I know most of you will rag on me for this, but I'd prefer that Bill and Sara return and have Riger as the third.
Dont mind Bill or Sara but Riger is fill in talent at best.

Daenerys

Post by Daenerys » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:59 pm

I can't imagine it going to anyone but Costa. He's so superior to anyone else at the station. Janssen is to new and just not that good. They need a pro like Costa to be paired with him.

deadend

Post by deadend » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:03 pm

You’ve got to be joking about Costa. He is AWFUL. I too vote for Jennifer Hammond.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic