Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CW 38 WADL

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
sinklair

Re: CW 38 WADL

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:55 am

I wonder how much Jesse Jackson is being paid by Nexstar to push the FCC toward approving this deal to sell WADL?

https://thedesk.net/news/jesse-jackson- ... etter-fcc/

While no money has probably changed hands, I wouldn’t be surprised if you start seeing Jackson and his organization show up more on NewsNation, the CW, more Nexstar national “news” segments, etc.

The grift is real.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:41 am

It's Kevin Adell that is paying Jesse Jackson to get this approved, It is Kevin's fault if the deal doesn't get approved as he blew it ditching The CW.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:10 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:41 am
It's Kevin Adell that is paying Jesse Jackson to get this approved, It is Kevin's fault if the deal doesn't get approved as he blew it ditching The CW.
Yeah, I'll never understand why he did that. Worst mistake he could have possibly made
"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:42 am

CW programming is not as popular as some of you may be assuming.

In 2023, as a point of comparison, ION's average primetime audience size was double that of the CW.

I doubt carrying CW would've been some sort of revenue boon under WADL's current ownership.

CBS obviously saw little value in continuing affiliation agreements with the network.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic