Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

RIP Jack Goggin

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
blizzard

RIP Jack Goggin

Post by blizzard » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:58 am

As host of “Film Classics with Jack Goggin” for decades, he was known for his profound knowledge of music and curated a vast collection for his loyal followers’ enjoyment across the Detroit Metro region
This week 90.9 lost one of its own – our colleague, longtime friend and WRCJ host Jack Goggin passed away at his home following a prolonged illness. He was 68.

RedfordRob

Re: RIP Jack Goggin

Post by RedfordRob » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:09 am

So sad, I loved listening to his radio program.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:39 am

He was an important part of the classical music community in this area.

In the early 2000s, I had a nice talk with him at the Harmony House classical music store on Woodward. This was during that dark period between WQRS and WRCJ (that CBC 2 in Canada helped to brighten). I was looking for a Gustav Mahler symphony that was conducted by Leonard Bernstein, and Jack gave a detailed description of Bernstein's history of recording Mahler symphonies (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernstein ... hler_cycle). It was very impressive.

On a related note, every time I listen to Dave Wagner on WRCJ, I feel thankful for his many contributions to classical music in this area. He truly is a giant of Detroit radio, something that I wish more people recognized while he is still alive.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:58 am

Bobbert wrote:He was an important part of the classical music community in this area.

In the early 2000s, I had a nice talk with him at the Harmony House classical music store on Woodward. This was during that dark period between WQRS and WRCJ (that CBC 2 in Canada helped to brighten). I was looking for a Gustav Mahler symphony that was conducted by Leonard Bernstein, and Jack gave a detailed description of Bernstein's history of recording Mahler symphonies (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernstein ... hler_cycle). It was very impressive.

On a related note, every time I listen to Dave Wagner on WRCJ, I feel thankful for his many contributions to classical music in this area. He truly is a giant of Detroit radio, something that I wish more people recognized while he is still alive.
WRCJ is my “staple” now for when I’m working at home. It makes good background for me instead of listening to the furnace / AC run.

It’s a value to me and Dave mentioned Jack on Friday’s daytime shows.

Nice that we’ve had these sources of talent for awhile ….. and yes…. Sad to have lost Jack for sure :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:20 pm

RIP to Mr. Goggin. Loved the tribute that 90.9 did for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
take this job and shove it

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:34 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:39 am
He was an important part of the classical music community in this area.

Such a loss. He’s was wonderfully kind. I agree with you on Dave Wagner. He has contributed much to our community. He’s also a wonderful friend to us on the radio. He should be recognized for all his contributions.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:17 pm

Does Drew know about this? Even though it's not the same one?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic