Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

June 2023 radio ratings

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Colonel Flagg

Re: June 2023 radio ratings

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:53 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:04 am
edj wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:51 am
Looks like banning Mr. Positive has had negative effects on WJR's ratings.
Out of curiosity, why was he banned? I must have missed that.
This requires an explanation? Seriously?

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:08 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:53 am
teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:04 am
edj wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:51 am
Looks like banning Mr. Positive has had negative effects on WJR's ratings.
Out of curiosity, why was he banned? I must have missed that.
This requires an explanation? Seriously?
Yes, seriously. What did he do to trigger a ban from a radio station? Calling in everyday doesn't necessitate a ban. There are many radio stations which have the same callers call in daily.

Apparently you can't answer the question, as expected. Such a helpful response.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Greg Buben

Post by Greg Buben » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:28 am

What I have to say about this months ratings goes like this. First of all I never thought a top 40/CHR station such as
WKQI would be number one overall since most people over 35 hate that format. I was glad that WCSX was number two
overall and because of WKQI is unpopular among those over 35 that means that WCSX really it the number one station
for those over 35. Obviously it is the best classic rock station in the Detroit market and I think the station sounds better
than any of the classic rock stations in other parts of MI. WCSX continues to dominate over its competition WLLZ and I
don't think I-Heart of Detroit is capable of changing that situation.
With "The Ticket" in third place it demonstrates Detroit still is a good sports market. With WMXD and WOMC in fourth
and fifth it shows that both stations are bouncing back. With the number six station being WYCD it shows that the the
modern country hits format is growing in the Detroit area and I expect that to grow further especially since WDRQ has
been sold to Family Life Radio after WYCD clobbered WDRQ many times prior to the sale. Cumulus of Detroit couldn't
compete with WYCD very well and that very same company ruined the legendary WJR and that's the kind of AM station
that should do better in the ratings than what they do.
Anyway, those are my comments on the June ratings in the Detroit market.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:46 pm

Greg Buben wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:28 am
What I have to say about this months ratings goes like this. First of all I never thought a top 40/CHR station such as
WKQI would be number one overall since most people over 35 hate that format. I was glad that WCSX was number two
overall and because of WKQI is unpopular among those over 35 that means that WCSX really it the number one station
for those over 35.
WKQI is #1 persons 25/54 Genius.
That demo includes people over 35 last time I checked :lol

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:50 pm

95.5 plays a lot of tried & true gold from the late 90s and 00s, which has greatly helped its numbers of late.

Incompetent programming of WDVD has also helped them.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

format this

Post by format this » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:33 pm

Greg Buben needs to look at the demo breakdowns before calling out 35+. If so many of them supposedly hate CHR, then explain WKFR in Kalamazoo. Between those inaccuracies and his obvious hatred for all things Cumulus, I discard any comment he makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:52 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:31 am
stopnswop2 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:22 am
dial-it-in wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:00 pm
Fuck you WLLZ and every decision maker there.
The more they try to compete by copying CSX, the more they'll fail.
Why would someone bother to change their station just to hear the exact same songs as the one they already have on and like
Thats the entire problem. The came on the scene promising to be "A new generation of Classic Rock". The formula for success is simple: play kick ass rock and roll tunes from the 80's and 90 with a few early 2000's thrown in the mix. Leave Bob fucking Seger, the Rolling Stones and Queen on the shelf please.
Last 2 times I tuned in, Jimi Hendrix was playing
Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:54 pm

Greg Buben wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:28 am
for those over 35.
My 63 year old mother has 955 as her first preset in the car
Music is my life.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:22 pm

Women tend to be more open to newer and more current music and artists then men are, that probably has a lot to do with it. I'm almost certain that high end of the demo is predominantly female. Apparently, us guys think music died after we graduated high school 🤣
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Greg Buben

Post by Greg Buben » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:18 am

Although there are some over 35 that like such stations as WKQI the vast majority still is under 35. If they are number
one in the 25-54 as with the 12 and over most are still under 35 . Another thing to consider is the diaries could include
stations that somebody is listening to when they're with others and not by themselves. If somebody has access to any
specific demographic information they should post it because that would make things more interesting. I'd love to see
specific demographics for both men and women. With the 25-54 age group that WKQI apparently leads my guess is
that more young people 25-34 were surveyed as opposed to 35-54 middle aged people.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:22 am

There are a ton of people in their 30s and 40s who listen to WKQI regularly and willfully. You apparently do not understand the dynamics of the Detroit market. The station has a heritage morning show that's been in place for over two decades. Many young adults who listened 10 or 15 years ago still listen as middle aged adults today.

Does this station have a female listening lean? Sure. It's probably 60 / 40 in an average quarter hour.

WKQI delivers a flamethrowing 100,000 watt signal from the heart of the Metro and its on-air personalities successfully concoct an aura of listener involvement. It isn't like WSNX, a station that is limited by a junk signal, has boring production values, and hasn't seen much stability in their air talent department in years.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:50 am

Does 95.5 not go out to clubs on weekends anymore? I used to like that. I am so old now I don't even know if clubs are still a thing for 20 year olds :(

I try to listen to 95.5 from time to time so I can sorta stay up on what the kids are listening to. They do seem to play A LOT of the same shit from 25 years ago, which is weird. They should freshen it up at least and start offering nightcore versions of the classics.

My wife and I laugh at this song, but we do find ourselves singing it when it comes on when we're listening to music.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:19 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:50 am
Does 95.5 not go out to clubs on weekends anymore? I used to like that. I am so old now I don't even know if clubs are still a thing for 20 year olds :(

I try to listen to 95.5 from time to time so I can sorta stay up on what the kids are listening to. They do seem to play A LOT of the same shit from 25 years ago, which is weird. They should freshen it up at least and start offering nightcore versions of the classics.

My wife and I laugh at this song, but we do find ourselves singing it when it comes on when we're listening to music.
I don't know why, but I really dig some nightcore versions of some songs.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:29 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:19 am
Neckbeard wrote:

I don't know why, but I really dig some nightcore versions of some songs.
WDVD plays this from time to time.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:10 pm

Neckbeard wrote:

Literally this song was playing the last 2 times I turned on 93.9
Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic