Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Alt 103.7 in DFW still has "Post Modern" on Sunday mornings; why can't WDZH?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Alt 103.7 in DFW still has "Post Modern" on Sunday mornings; why can't WDZH?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:44 am

I think I know the answer to question - it's because Brad Steiner is a fucking terrible Brand Manager.

Why is a guy who programmed the last place or second to last place station in the tiny New Orleans market qualified to run an Alternative station in a top 15 market?

Steiner is lazy when it comes to turning over songs in gold rotation, and the rotations in general seem deprived on the song count front.

Has he even set foot in Metro Detroit more than one or two times???

I doubt Christine Malovetz adds much if any value, either. The only other station where she appears to have any responsibilities is an HD2 in New York. Does she actually do anything other than sit on her ass all day? 98.7 does virtually zero station appearances, seldom offers any contests, any themed music weekends are generally produced in Los Angeles, etc.

There is so little effort put into 98.7's programming that it's pitiful.

jaywmi

Re: Alt 103.7 in DFW still has "Post Modern" on Sunday mornings; why can't WDZH?

Post by jaywmi » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:53 am

The other answer is that it costs Audacy very little, relatively speaking, to clear the Detroit outlet. They just aren't really trying. They just don't really care. Sure, they found a little gold in somewhat higher ratings, just by tweaking the music to a bit more of a midwestern-friendly flavor... but, they could tack on another couple of shares if they actually tried.

It's just a placeholder until they figure out when they're actually going to pull the WWJ trigger.
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:44 am
I think I know the answer to question - it's because Brad Steiner is a fucking terrible Brand Manager.

Why is a guy who programmed the last place or second to last place station in the tiny New Orleans market qualified to run an Alternative station in a top 15 market?

Steiner is lazy when it comes to turning over songs in gold rotation, and the rotations in general seem deprived on the song count front.

Has he even set foot in Metro Detroit more than one or two times???

I doubt Christine Malovetz adds much if any value, either. The only other station where she appears to have any responsibilities is an HD2 in New York. Does she actually do anything other than sit on her ass all day? 98.7 does virtually zero station appearances, seldom offers any contests, any themed music weekends are generally produced in Los Angeles, etc.

There is so little effort put into 98.7's programming that it's pitiful.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Alt 103.7 in DFW still has "Post Modern" on Sunday mornings; why can't WDZH?

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:13 am

I think you're right.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic