Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

C'mon Kim Adams - get a clue...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
dial-it-in

Re: C'mon Kim Adams - get a clue...

Post by dial-it-in » Sat May 06, 2023 9:26 pm

Are you really relying on your weather estimates to be that precise?
Personally, as long as theyre not way off I dont really see a difference between calling for 70 or 75. Who cares? Though I'd agree that they should leave the dramatics and bluster at home. I just want to know if its going to rain and if I need a jacket.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun May 07, 2023 12:05 am

Yeah, mid 70s is a little above average not really much above average which I'm not a big fan of much above average with humidity.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Sun May 07, 2023 12:21 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 6:09 pm
Does she have any idea what the hell she's talking about?
No, because she's a product of a broadcast diploma mill.

Ashlee does a better job because she is sharp enough to know that all she has to do is read the work that's already been done for her in their software and the NOAA weather forecasts and roundups. Kim continually comes off as wanting to assert herself as the next Mal or Chuck, and the part she doesn't realize is that she's no Mal, and there isn't a Paul Gross in the back office doing the thankless tasks of actual weather prediction and updates between broadcasts.

TV weather is awful, weather apps are awful, weather sites are awful.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 07, 2023 1:32 pm

SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 12:21 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 6:09 pm
Does she have any idea what the hell she's talking about?
No, because she's a product of a broadcast diploma mill.

Ashlee does a better job because she is sharp enough to know that all she has to do is read the work that's already been done for her in their software and the NOAA weather forecasts and roundups. Kim continually comes off as wanting to assert herself as the next Mal or Chuck, and the part she doesn't realize is that she's no Mal, and there isn't a Paul Gross in the back office doing the thankless tasks of actual weather prediction and updates between broadcasts.

TV weather is awful, weather apps are awful, weather sites are awful.
I should be a weatherman… job security for life no matter what you get wrong. You could probably predict 90 and snow and be ok.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun May 07, 2023 3:33 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 1:32 pm
I should be a weatherman… job security for life no matter what you get wrong. You could probably predict 90 and snow and be ok.
You would be good. Seems some of them don't even hide that they are just repeating what The Weather Channel said. It may not be a stretch to say I hear Longstreet mention "according to the models .." during every forecast.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Mon May 08, 2023 9:46 pm

Its clear to me our stations are moving toward "better looking" weather people. I dont think Kim was hired for her accuracy. Honestly if I'm gonna watch a weather segment that may or may not be right I might as well enjoy what I'm looking at.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon May 08, 2023 10:10 pm

She's a pretty face and that's why she's on. I'll check my app if I want to see more precision. I'll keep the channel on to watch her.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 09, 2023 9:17 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 9:06 am
If a 3 or 4 degree departure from normal is "well above average," she must think temps 10+ degrees above average would cause humankind to melt. 😅

NWS is calling for highs from upper 60s to 70 from Monday to Wednesday for much of Metro Detroit. Those are seasonable readings, if they materialize.
Seems Kim was right after all. About 10 above normal Wed, Thu and Fri.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 10, 2023 6:28 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:17 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
If a 3 or 4 degree departure from normal is "well above average," she must think temps 10+ degrees above average would cause humankind to melt. 😅

NWS is calling for highs from upper 60s to 70 from Monday to Wednesday for much of Metro Detroit. Those are seasonable readings, if they materialize.
Kim wasn’t referring to those days.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 10, 2023 7:09 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:28 am
audiophile wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

MW said she was referring to next week... BTW it was 81 in Lansing on Sunday.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 10, 2023 7:16 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 7:09 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:28 am
audiophile wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

MW said she was referring to next week... BTW it was 81 in Lansing on Sunday.
I know… I was out there.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 10, 2023 9:12 am

If she was right about it being "much above normal" for this week, then her forecast graphic from Friday evening, which mostly showed highs from the upper 60s to low 70s, with maybe one or two days in the mid 70s, was wrong.

Upper 60s and low 70s do not qualify as "much above normal" for this time of year. Those are seasonable daytime highs.

Out of the past four days, Sunday was the only day that was significantly above average for the daytime high. The other three days were within a degree or two of average if not spot on. It does appear today through Friday will be several degrees warmer than what Kim forecasted on Friday evening's newscast.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 10, 2023 11:32 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:12 am
If she was right about it being "much above normal" for this week, then her forecast graphic from Friday evening, which mostly showed highs from the upper 60s to low 70s, with maybe one or two days in the mid 70s, was wrong.

Upper 60s and low 70s do not qualify as "much above normal" for this time of year. Those are seasonable daytime highs.

Out of the past four days, Sunday was the only day that was significantly above average for the daytime high. The other three days were within a degree or two of average if not spot on. It does appear today through Friday will be several degrees warmer than what Kim forecasted on Friday evening's newscast.
This really hits the nail on the head when discussing if they are just regurgitating what they got from the "models" or what NWS says, vs what THEY think based on THEIR meteorological knowledge.

I frequently hear somebody like Longstreet put up a graphic, but then say something like "but I really think it's going to be warmer than that" or "there's probably not going to be as much precipitation as this shows".

Well, then, why don't you put up a graphic of what you REALLY think is going to happen??

deadend

Post by deadend » Wed May 10, 2023 12:40 pm

I cannot stand Kim Adams. Classic sociopath. I celebrated when she left the first time and was pissed when they brought her back. She reminds me of the character from the movie “to die for”. Manipulative and vain, shallow and untrustworthy, self centered and cruel.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed May 10, 2023 1:41 pm

deadend wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:40 pm
I cannot stand Kim Adams. Classic sociopath. I celebrated when she left the first time and was pissed when they brought her back. She reminds me of the character from the movie “to die for”. Manipulative and vain, shallow and untrustworthy, self centered and cruel.
Holy crap.
She's just someone doing a weather forecast. You don't know her. She don't know you. Change channels. Weird..
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic