Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dan Bongino out at WJR in May

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Colonel Flagg

Re: Dan Bongino out at WJR in May

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed May 24, 2023 1:54 pm

sizzlechest wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 12:26 pm
I don't know if it's permanent, but I think Renwick is on right now.
Chris Renwick isn't David Newman or Tommy McIntyre, but he's much better than the addle brained, ADHD suffering Bongino, with bad jokes, 80's movie references nobody remembers, crying and sniveling, and terrible TMI moments. :lol

Chris is local too. Another ✔️ in the plus column.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed May 24, 2023 1:58 pm

It looks like Dan's last show was yesterday, per WJR's online schedule, so Chris is probably an interim host for now.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed May 24, 2023 2:34 pm

sizzlechest wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 12:26 pm
I don't know if it's permanent, but I think Renwick is on right now.
(Almost) anyone is an improvement than that 'roid-raging lunatic babbling on and on with conspiracy theories! :rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 24, 2023 2:57 pm

I am surprised Renwick wasn't given the Beckmann time slot many months ago.

Then again, this is WJR we're talking about, so nothing should surprise me.

edj

Post by edj » Wed May 24, 2023 6:13 pm

I may be in the minority here, but I will miss Bongino. I found him entertaining for the most part.

Renwick is better than Dietz, Gordon, and Albom.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu May 25, 2023 8:48 am

For me, Bongino was/is best in small doses. His stories of when he was a Secret Service Agent and NYC cop were always entertaining. At the very least he presented takes that didnt toe the legacy media line, and for those willing to do so, offered the opportunity to hear and think about different perspectives that may not be heard otherwise.

RedfordRob

Post by RedfordRob » Thu May 25, 2023 11:59 am

WJR needs a new act. Right-wing radio hosts are a dime a dozen and they all talk from the same playbook.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu May 25, 2023 12:32 pm

RedfordRob wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:59 am
WJR needs a new act. Right-wing radio hosts are a dime a dozen and they all talk from the same playbook.
I like conservative talk radio, but the "Did you hear what Nancy Pelosi said!" style of conservative talk has worn out its welcome. That's why I've always enjoyed Dennis Prager, who has a more deliberate approach to discussion.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu May 25, 2023 1:47 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:48 am
For me, Bongino was/is best in small doses. His stories of when he was a Secret Service Agent and NYC cop were always entertaining. At the very least he presented takes that didnt toe the legacy media line, and for those willing to do so, offered the opportunity to hear and think about different perspectives that may not be heard otherwise.
I agree with all of that, but the incessant babbling, and inability to focus makes for a tough listen.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu May 25, 2023 1:59 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:47 pm
dial-it-in wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:48 am
I agree with all of that, but the incessant babbling, and inability to focus makes for a tough listen.
He'd be an OK host for one of those daily ten minute segments some stations run with a political commentator. Definitely NOT a three hour show!

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 25, 2023 2:48 pm

I've never cared for Bongino. I catch maybe 5-10 minutes a day of Buck & Clay (who are certainly no Rush Limbaugh) and in the morning I've been listening to Hugh Hewitt on my way to work. I didn't care for him at first, but he's becoming my favorite "not crazy" conservative talk show host.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic