Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WWJ again

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Colonel Flagg

WWJ again

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:39 pm

I wonder, who is the writer at WWJ who keeps using the term "Frozen Rain"? I heard Tony Ortiz say it a minute ago. Frozen Rain, really??? On a major market station? It gets better though... In the traffic report prior to the Frozen Rain observation, O'Neill Stevens reported Freezing Rain, the correct term, on I-69 in "Sashawah" County. Sashawah? I assume he meant Shiawassee. But at least he didn't say Frozen Rain. :smokin

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WWJ again

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:23 pm

Now, that's bad! Sounds like amateur hour over there.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

edj

Post by edj » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:37 pm

Yikes! Apparently they’ll hire anyone as a traffic reporter. I’ve criticized Stevens before but this is a new low. It’s worse than Jim Hughes’s mispronunciation of Saline. It’s as bad as WJR’s traffic anchors- some of which seem like glorified board ops. Is Karen Trombley the only traffic reporter worth anything? Am I missing someone?

I haven’t taken Tony Ortiz seriously since he constantly defended Matt Millen many years ago after that contract extension. He’s tries to be funny as a news anchor but it doesn’t work. This isn’t channel 2’s morning show (which isn’t funny, as much as they try). Him and Erin Vermeulen are the worst anchors since they got rid of the sing songy guy (or was he sent to overnight?)

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:44 pm

I'm not listening to WWJ because the weenies that work there won't accept the RT news reading challenge.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:37 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:23 pm
Now, that's bad! Sounds like amateur hour over there.
I don't know how you get Sash-a-wah from Shiawassee. If he was thinking about Sashabaw Rd, near Clarkston, he'd still be on the wrong interstate, and in the wrong county. :rollin
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

organman95

Post by organman95 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:41 am

It's not that difficult to pronounce "Shiawassee"... Not like Mark Watkins at 7&4 stammering through "Peshawbestown" his first week.

edj

Post by edj » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:41 pm

Jim Hughes this evening said Michigan Avenue from Greenfield to Shaefer is a freeway. Other than the interchange at Greenfield it’s not even divided and the speed is lower since it’s entering East Dearborn.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic