Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WOMC

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
BKRPDM

WOMC

Post by BKRPDM » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:18 am

Discussion somewhere at Audacy HQ;

Programmer: “The latest Nielsens have 104.3 down to a 5.3….What shall we do?”

Consultant: “Cut the library from 275 down to 175, and be sure to play “Don’t Stop Believin’” and “Free Fallin’” every three hours! And make sure the jock content is boring, and drown them out when they’re talking over the music. One other thing: F’ up the audio levels….”

Programmer: “Sounds like a plan for success!”

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WOMC

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:28 pm

WNIC saw its usual survey #12 surge thanks to Christmas.

WOMC saw its usual slump, which most likely will prove to be short lived.

No programming decisions at 104.3 should be made based on the December (which mostly measured November listening) or upcoming holiday survey.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:10 am

The only terrestrial radio I listen to now is 97.1, WWJ 950am maybe WJR 760am, Paul W. in the morning (when he is on, seems he has the Howard Stern time off clause in his contract) BTW I don't listen to Stern anymore he has turned into what he once made fun of...
WOMC? WRIF? WCSX? Barely has my radio in the Escape tuned into them...
All satellite all the time for me, the monthly subscription is worth it..
HUEY LEWIS IS NOT CLASSIC ROCK!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:28 am

You know what sucks? Is that it works. It fucking generally works. I just don't get it.

If I had to wager a guess, they do it because listening habits changed during the holiday season, and now they wanna lure you back in. Guaranteed to hear Hotel California and We Built This City any time you tune by.

I'm all about the Sirius XM, too. The 80s/90s/00s channel, Faction Punk, all sorts of different shit.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:58 am

Their new slogan is "It's all about the 90s", yet they play only a dozen songs that aren't from the 80s.
When their playlist history was actually working one day, I saw multiple songs repeated 3 times within 7 hours, such as More Than a Feeling by Boston and Give Me One Reason by Tracy Chapman.
I guess those 2 songs are supposed to represent the 70s and 90s. Lmao. I guess by playing the same 90s song every 2 hours, they're technically not lying about it being all about the 90s.

Music is my life.

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:01 am

BKRPDM wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:18 am
Discussion somewhere at Audacy HQ;

Programmer: “The latest Nielsens have 104.3 down to a 5.3….What shall we do?”

Consultant: “Cut the library from 275 down to 175, and be sure to play “Don’t Stop Believin’” and “Free Fallin’” every three hours! And make sure the jock content is boring, and drown them out when they’re talking over the music. One other thing: F’ up the audio levels….”

Programmer: “Sounds like a plan for success!”
Are they using Jacobs media, because that sounds exactly like a plan by Jacobs media.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:33 am

BTW I don't listen to Stern anymore he has turned into what he once made fun of...
Agreed. Have not been a regular listener of his for at least five years. I do still check out his old material on YouTube on occasion.

The worship of nearly irrelevant "C" list celebrities was a big turn off. That coupled with his "aren't I wonderful because I now practice political correctness and attend synagogue every week" attitude became too much for me.

Two or three years ago, I was flipping through channels on Sunday morning, and saw him doing a sit down interview with Jane Pauley on CBS Sunday Morning. Oy.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:40 am

Jane Pauley? LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:08 pm

Idiocy ruined WOMC for sure. Borringgggg. They were good under CBS.

And Stern sucks now for sure. Sad. The holier than thou attitude and crying about covid non stop killed it for me.

thekman

Post by thekman » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:38 pm

So true about Stern.

I get that people mellow out as they get older, but man, he seems to have nearly done a complete 180 from his younger days.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:31 pm

thekman wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:38 pm
So true about Stern.

I get that people mellow out as they get older, but man, he seems to have nearly done a complete 180 from his younger days.
yep. He is literally everything he used to hate and rail against.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic