Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who is EDJ....Love to find out

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Rate This

Re: Who is EDJ....Love to find out

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:54 pm

edj wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:35 pm
Is WWJ trying to lose listenership? Do they only hire people who can’t take even one word of criticism? Sorry Erin, you struggle reading copy. There I said it. Oh, tell Jim I-75 and 7 Mile isn’t the same area as Telegraph and 7 Mile as he said this evening. Well, maybe compared to Pontiac Trail and 7 Mile they are.
So not my imagination?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:01 pm

I challenged her to a friendly contest where we both record the same copy being read and we'll let you guys decide. I'm not afraid of her. We'll see if she gets back to me or not. Everybody reading this knows there ain't a snowballs chance in hell I'm gonna randomly appear on WWJ to read copy. I would do it but they'd need a new weeknight host ASAP which really isn't my problem per se.

I'm not about to call any newsrooms to pose said challenge... I have no way of verifying the story for one thing. For another that sounds completely ridiculous.

Maybe our buddy Jim can let her know for me.
Last edited by Rate This on Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:26 pm

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:22 am

dial-it-in wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:26 pm
:lol :lol :lol

At least this is more entertaining than one trick stink on the Flint board.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

edj

Post by edj » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:32 pm

Radiogirl914 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:29 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:43 pm
Newsman123 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:26 pm
Jim.. ignore these folks and move on.

Yes.. this is a forum where people can bitch all they want and criticize. And thats ok. Its not rooted in any authority.

And Yes.. those posting here don’t have half the talent of those actually on the air, who are hired for a multitude of reasons.
You need talent to say Saline? Didn’t realize that.

There are a couple of people on WWJ I am positive I can outread. Erin V is one. The young black woman whose name is escaping me is another. Both are so bad at it that it’s low hanging fruit.

Hey, anytime you want to come by the station and "out-read" me, come on by. I'll make sure you have a producer on the desk, and a news writer, and all of the other resources on any given day that I might be lacking while trying to anchor a shift.
I'll even give you a leg up, and write your copy for you, so it makes sense and is easy to comprehend. I also won't invite my colleagues to sit outside of the news booth and critique you while you are "out-reading" me.
I'll make sure that no one throws a throws a random catastrophe or murder your way as well while you are "out-reading" me too just to put you on an even level with me. You know what? I'm feeling generous, I will make sure you don't even have any breaking news to contend with either. It's my pleasure.
How's tomorrow evening work?

I forgot how douchey people are on this forum. I refer to it as the mibullshitboard because half the shit posted on here is just that. I really appreciate your critique of my abilities or I'm sorry, my lack of abilities, because I'm a low hanging fruit. Hey later, you know what would be extra fun? I'll post my picture on here and you can critique the way I look as well, because obviously you're someone who's opinion matters.

Honestly, thank you for reminding me why I stay away from this forum. I'm serious though, any time you want to come "out-read" me let me know. I won't see your response, so just call the WWJ newsroom and ask for me to set that up.

Erin Vermeulen (Vee)
Stay away, yet you logged in hours after posting. Jim did too. Who else from WWJ is lurking about? Can they take criticism better? Do they strive to improve?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:36 pm

edj wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:32 pm
Radiogirl914 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:29 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:43 pm
Newsman123 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:26 pm
Jim.. ignore these folks and move on.

Yes.. this is a forum where people can bitch all they want and criticize. And thats ok. Its not rooted in any authority.

And Yes.. those posting here don’t have half the talent of those actually on the air, who are hired for a multitude of reasons.
You need talent to say Saline? Didn’t realize that.

There are a couple of people on WWJ I am positive I can outread. Erin V is one. The young black woman whose name is escaping me is another. Both are so bad at it that it’s low hanging fruit.

Hey, anytime you want to come by the station and "out-read" me, come on by. I'll make sure you have a producer on the desk, and a news writer, and all of the other resources on any given day that I might be lacking while trying to anchor a shift.
I'll even give you a leg up, and write your copy for you, so it makes sense and is easy to comprehend. I also won't invite my colleagues to sit outside of the news booth and critique you while you are "out-reading" me.
I'll make sure that no one throws a throws a random catastrophe or murder your way as well while you are "out-reading" me too just to put you on an even level with me. You know what? I'm feeling generous, I will make sure you don't even have any breaking news to contend with either. It's my pleasure.
How's tomorrow evening work?

I forgot how douchey people are on this forum. I refer to it as the mibullshitboard because half the shit posted on here is just that. I really appreciate your critique of my abilities or I'm sorry, my lack of abilities, because I'm a low hanging fruit. Hey later, you know what would be extra fun? I'll post my picture on here and you can critique the way I look as well, because obviously you're someone who's opinion matters.

Honestly, thank you for reminding me why I stay away from this forum. I'm serious though, any time you want to come "out-read" me let me know. I won't see your response, so just call the WWJ newsroom and ask for me to set that up.

Erin Vermeulen (Vee)
Stay away, yet you logged in hours after posting. Jim did too. Who else from WWJ is lurking about? Can they take criticism better? Do they strive to improve?
She read my message. Now we await a reply. Will the challenge be answered? Stay tuned. Cause I am dead serious about wanting to do this.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:58 pm

edj wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:32 pm
Why log in if you're not going to post anything? Interesting.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Gertner

Post by Gertner » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:50 pm

This is amazing.

The gooberness crosses genders

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:52 pm

WWJ = weak, wimpy jocks?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

edj

Post by edj » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:05 pm

I had forgotten how inappropriate and awkward Erin Vermeulen’s pauses are. It’s almost as bad as William Shatner. Stumbling and pausing inappropriately in the same story is cringeworthy. Erin, please work on that. Oh, and no worry about posting a photo. I know what you look like.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:36 pm

edj wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:05 pm
I had forgotten how inappropriate and awkward Erin Vermeulen’s pauses are. It’s almost as bad as William Shatner. Stumbling and pausing inappropriately in the same story is cringeworthy. Erin, please work on that. Oh, and no worry about posting a photo. I know what you look like.
Ouch. That and she tends to talk so fast the whole story becomes one long run on sentence so where she should pause she motors right on through.

Unlike her I don’t pause awkwardly. The challenge is still open. No word from Erin yet.

edj

Post by edj » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:03 pm

Traffic lights out at Warren and Beech Daly. Jim Hughes admits on air he has no idea what to do with the left turn lights, and says something to the effect of “just go around the corner”. Apparently he has no idea that’s part of the four way stop, and the left turner would go when the cars in the through lane next to you move.
This is who WWJ thinks should be reporting traffic. Hope he didn’t cause any accidents.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:25 pm

edj wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:03 pm
Traffic lights out at Warren and Beech Daly. Jim Hughes admits on air he has no idea what to do with the left turn lights, and says something to the effect of “just go around the corner”. Apparently he has no idea that’s part of the four way stop, and the left turner would go when the cars in the through lane next to you move.
This is who WWJ thinks should be reporting traffic. Hope he didn’t cause any accidents.
To be fair, most people don't know how to handle that anyway. It's not a four-way, it's "I'm the most important person so I'm turning and there's nothing you can do about it now"

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:26 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:25 pm
edj wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:03 pm
To be fair, most people don't know how to handle that anyway. It's not a four-way, it's "I'm the most important person so I'm turning and there's nothing you can do about it now"
What am I saying? Most people can't drive PERIOD.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:02 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:36 pm
edj wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:05 pm
Ouch. That and she tends to talk so fast the whole story becomes one long run on sentence so where she should pause she motors right on through.

Unlike her I don’t pause awkwardly. The challenge is still open. No word from Erin yet.
So on top of being a terrible newsreader, we can now call her "Shit and Run Erin?"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic