Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WDET - another station that needs to get its engineering QC together

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

WDET - another station that needs to get its engineering QC together

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:18 pm

Didn't these guys just spend a bunch of money on equipment upgrades?

I can literally hear PPM encoding tones in the audio chain. Rather irritating during spoken word programming.

Reception also leaves something to be desired, but that might be out of their control. WXYT, WKQI, WDMK, WRIF, WDKL, WOMC and others have very strong field strength here. Probably some intermod going on.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

statmanmi

Re: WDET - another station that needs to get its engineering QC together

Post by statmanmi » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:28 pm

Hey MW,

Seeing your post reminded me that WLLZ had those construction permit filings with the FCC in 2022, for both main and auxiliary use occurring from WDET's transmitting location.

Turns out the primary transmission's construction permit (for 39kW) diplexed through WDET's existing omnidirectional antenna was just approved last week--12/30/2022.

I posted more thoughts regarding broadcasts leaving the Cadillac Tower in the thread in the Engineering & DX'ing forum.

But perhaps the recent situation with the WDET quality deteriorating is related to work occurring at the tower site for both WLLZ and WMXD? Just a thought.

Cheers! ~~ Statmanmi

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WDET - another station that needs to get its engineering QC together

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:35 pm

Good info; thanks for checking in.

I'll check out your other post now.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic