Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Some drama at Loco 4

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Graham Wellington

Re: Some drama at Loco 4

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:56 pm

deadend wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:47 pm
Damn it. I wanna know what he said.
Then pay for a subscription. Problem solved.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:10 am

Most of the stuff you post from the News is behind a paywall… clearly you have a subscription… I realize if it lets you in you have no way to tell that.
I will say sometimes the paywall is removed a day or two after the article is initially posted.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:57 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:10 am
Most of the stuff you post from the News is behind a paywall… clearly you have a subscription… I realize if it lets you in you have no way to tell that.
I will say sometimes the paywall is removed a day or two after the article is initially posted.
That’s good to know… thanks for that info.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:57 am

The Freep article, which was not behind a paywall, had better info anyway on this particular matter. The only reason I posted the URL for the Detroit News article is because that's the one I happened to see first. I'm glad km1125 posted the URL for the Freep article.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:54 am

Freep article wasn't up until more than an hour after your Detnews post.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:15 am

Another poster mentioned last month that you can usually get around the paywall by visiting archive.is and entering the link into there. It worked for me to read the Detroit News article. Hope this info doesn’t get anyone in trouble.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:10 pm

Jason Carr: always the definition of pomposity. And just like all live TV drunks, or hot heads, or those who delude themselves that they’re irreplaceable … he’s now learned that they all end up … sooner or later … firing themselves.

In any live on air job management must feel it can trust that employee. Who is going to trust what comes out of Carr’s brain/mouth now? At least in the metro Detroit market.

If it’s ever confirmed that he was knocking Evrod in his desk-side diatribe Carr now has the added liability of seeming racist to many viewers. Or for those who thought Evrod was closeted (heard that rumor often) Carr may even have put off the LGBTQ viewers.

If Carr wants to continue with his live on air work he will likely have to seek employment in another state. And at this juncture instead of TV news perhaps right wing talk radio is a better fit. All he has to do is convince the Q-anon/MAGA/gun nut crowd that he believes every insane/hurtful/dangerous thing management pays him to say … and they’ll be happy!

Wonder if his reporter wife will move with him when he takes a job far far away?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:28 pm

The most intriguing part of the Detroit News article was this:
Carr went on to describe two types of greetings in the office, head nods and head tips, which he separated into two categories: "hopelessly Caucasian" and "hopefully ethnic."
Anybody have any idea what that means?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:49 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:28 pm
The most intriguing part of the Detroit News article was this:
Carr went on to describe two types of greetings in the office, head nods and head tips, which he separated into two categories: "hopelessly Caucasian" and "hopefully ethnic."
Anybody have any idea what that means?
My best shot at it… most white folks nod to say hi and most other folks nod up or tip their head up to say hello… it sounds like gibberish to me.

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:41 am

screen glare wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:10 pm
Jason Carr: always the definition of pomposity. And just like all live TV drunks, or hot heads, or those who delude themselves that they’re irreplaceable … he’s now learned that they all end up … sooner or later … firing themselves.

In any live on air job management must feel it can trust that employee. Who is going to trust what comes out of Carr’s brain/mouth now? At least in the metro Detroit market.

If it’s ever confirmed that he was knocking Evrod in his desk-side diatribe Carr now has the added liability of seeming racist to many viewers. Or for those who thought Evrod was closeted (heard that rumor often) Carr may even have put off the LGBTQ viewers.

If Carr wants to continue with his live on air work he will likely have to seek employment in another state. And at this juncture instead of TV news perhaps right wing talk radio is a better fit. All he has to do is convince the Q-anon/MAGA/gun nut crowd that he believes every insane/hurtful/dangerous thing management pays him to say … and they’ll be happy!

Wonder if his reporter wife will move with him when he takes a job far far away?
Clearly, you don’t know Jason Carr at all. He is a Democrat through and through and has made no shame in admitting that on air and on line. Once again, your judgement is incorrect and you assume because someone does something that is offensive to you, they’re a “MAGA.” Might wanna do some research before you begin labeling people next time.
Last edited by ProducerXM on Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:05 pm

I see pod casting in his future.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:12 pm

Hey, ProducerXM.

Go back and re-read carefully. I know Carr's liberal. That's why I said "convince" his right wing listeners that he actually "believes" the conservative cult crap-ola management would be paying him to say.

Eyes movin' too fast over my words, Buddy. Perhaps this paraphrasing will help you understand my meaning correctly.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:31 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:05 pm
I see pod casting in his future.
Thats exactly the first thing I thought when this went down.
Here comes another crappy podcast that nobody wants or needs.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:07 am

Truthfully, just over Jason Carr. Didn’t care for him at Fox 2 and I found him to be unlikable at Local 4. I truly think this man is very toxic, especially in a work place. He’s talented but not sure his personality is a good fit for any of the stations. Not 62 and definitely not 7. He might have to go to radio.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:36 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:07 am
Truthfully, just over Jason Carr. Didn’t care for him at Fox 2 and I found him to be unlikable at Local 4. I truly think this man is very toxic, especially in a work place. He’s talented but not sure his personality is a good fit for any of the stations. Not 62 and definitely not 7. He might have to go to radio.
There are just some people in this world that simply have a "douchiness" to them. Carr is one of those people. Maybe thats what Taryn liked about him.
I honestly have no idea if he is a douche in real life and for all I know he may be the most awesome guy ever. I just know that when I see him on TV or hear him speak my brain immediately thinks "this guy is a toolbag".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic