Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Have I missed it?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
dial-it-in

Have I missed it?

Post by dial-it-in » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:49 pm

I freely admit I dont see every minute of every newscast but I do see a lot. I have the TV on at work and I switch stations pretty regularly so perhaps I missed it...

Am I crazy or have all of our news casts simply avoided the Twitter release that shows governmental agencies and people colluded with and pressured tech companies to suppress unfavorable opinions? How is this not deserving of at least a mention?

TC Talks

Re: Have I missed it?

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:52 pm

That bit of hot news belongs on conspiracy media. It also lends to how seriously Twitter had damaged it's creditability.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:52 pm
That bit of hot news belongs on conspiracy media. It also lends to how seriously Twitter had damaged it's creditability.
Governmental agencies and people within working with tech companies to secretly suppress one viewpoint and bolster another is not newsworthy? Thats an odd take. Its factual and demonstrable. It happened and probably still happens at the other tech companies.

Sholmes

Post by Sholmes » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:40 pm

FACT CHECK: What was suppressed was flase stories or items which were not campaign related like nudes of Hunter Biden

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:31 pm

Sholmes wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:40 pm
FACT CHECK: What was suppressed was flase stories or items which were not campaign related like nudes of Hunter Biden

You realize the laptop story itself was suppressed and that they admitted it and have said it was a mistake to do so, right?
Its not just the laptop though: numerous other views, organizations and stories have been suppressed because they did not fit the preferred political slant. This is factual.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:01 am

Sholmes wrote:

Correct.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:11 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:31 pm
Sholmes wrote:

You realize the laptop story itself was suppressed and that they admitted it and have said it was a mistake to do so, right?
Its not just the laptop though: numerous other views, organizations and stories have been suppressed because they did not fit the preferred political slant. This is factual.

Private companies can do whatever they want, they do have first amendment rights.

Get over it. Fox News coverage on Trump's legal problems doesn't fit their preferred political slant, and guess what topics have been missing? In fact, first amendment rights are the pillar of Fox's defense against the Dominion and Smartec voting machine civil lawsuit. So does Twitter enjoy the same rights or not?

Quit being a snowflake.

Ivan1335

Post by Ivan1335 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:22 pm

TC Talks wrote:
You trumuppets sure do have a hard on over a junkies laptop.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:14 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:01 am
Sholmes wrote:

Correct.
Except it's not.

You both seem to want to make this all about the laptop when it is much more.
Are either of you actually familiar with what was released and what was admitted to?

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:21 pm

SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:11 pm
dial-it-in wrote:
Sholmes wrote:

Private companies can do whatever they want, they do have first amendment rights.

Get over it. Fox News coverage on Trump's legal problems doesn't fit their preferred political slant, and guess what topics have been missing? In fact, first amendment rights are the pillar of Fox's defense against the Dominion and Smartec voting machine civil lawsuit. So does Twitter enjoy the same rights or not?

Quit being a snowflake.
The government working with tech companies to suppress and/or promote information it deems acceptable should be troubling to everyone regardless of political slant.
Yes, private companies have leeway; the government does not. The government should encourage 1st amendment rights not work with companies to suppress them. I mean, it is the very 1st amendment after all. Or do you condone government suppression of speech?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:40 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:21 pm
SolidGoldDancers wrote:
dial-it-in wrote:
Sholmes wrote:

Quit being a snowflake.
The government working with tech companies to suppress and/or promote information it deems acceptable should be troubling to everyone regardless of political slant.
Yes, private companies have leeway; the government does not. The government should encourage 1st amendment rights not work with companies to suppress them. I mean, it is the very 1st amendment after all. Or do you condone government suppression of speech?
Working with is a long way from ordering or decreeing.

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Go fuck yourself, asshole. Seriously. That is so not true. Musk has one hundred percent brought what was happening to the forefront - and any real person would see that it’s integral to what’s happening right now in our country. And FUCK you for thinking it’s not important. Just because it goes against your belief system and narrative. Seriously. You’re an absolute moron.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:40 pm
dial-it-in wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:21 pm
SolidGoldDancers wrote:
dial-it-in wrote:
Sholmes wrote:

Quit being a snowflake.
Working with is a long way from ordering or decreeing.
Wow.
smh

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:21 pm

ProducerXM wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:15 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Go fuck yourself, asshole. Seriously. That is so not true. Musk has one hundred percent brought what was happening to the forefront - and any real person would see that it’s integral to what’s happening right now in our country. And FUCK you for thinking it’s not important. Just because it goes against your belief system and narrative. Seriously. You’re an absolute moron.
Another poster with thought insight. Stay Classy.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

riggs

Post by riggs » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:04 pm

Funny, but Mr. Free Speech Elon Musk started shutting down or suspending accounts that made fun of him...............He also suspended Kanye West for his bigoted bullshit, but hey, free speech even if it's ugly.

Private Companies suppress every single day.

And unless someone was arrested for what they said, nobody's freedom of speech has been violated.

Companies have a right to freedom of speech too.

You know, I've been a liberal Democrat my whole like and I am furious at the Democrats............all these babies being sacrificed to drink their blood. They've never offered ME any baby blood. Why? I'm a donor, I'm loyal and I'm really fucking tired, I could use it.

Anyway............good luck with your..........whaddaya call it........search for truth................I am sure you will cover every single inch of the flat earth disk.............all the way to the giant Ice Wall that NASA protects by shooting people who go near it.

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic