Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Have I missed it?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
ProducerXM

Re: Have I missed it?

Post by ProducerXM » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:43 pm

riggs wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:04 pm
Funny, but Mr. Free Speech Elon Musk started shutting down or suspending accounts that made fun of him...............He also suspended Kanye West for his bigoted bullshit, but hey, free speech even if it's ugly.

Private Companies suppress every single day.

And unless someone was arrested for what they said, nobody's freedom of speech has been violated.

Companies have a right to freedom of speech too.

You know, I've been a liberal Democrat my whole like and I am furious at the Democrats............all these babies being sacrificed to drink their blood. They've never offered ME any baby blood. Why? I'm a donor, I'm loyal and I'm really fucking tired, I could use it.

Anyway............good luck with your..........whaddaya call it........search for truth................I am sure you will cover every single inch of the flat earth disk.............all the way to the giant Ice Wall that NASA protects by shooting people who go near it.
Uh.. no. That’s not how it went down. But you’ll believe whatever you want because you choose to be ignorant.
Elon Musk didn’t shut down accounts that “made fun of” him, he shut down accounts that actually IMPERSONATED him.

Good God. Could you idiots please educate yourselves? It’s unbelievable that you’re actually allowed to vote.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:19 pm

riggs wrote:
Funny, but Mr. Free Speech Elon Musk started shutting down or suspending accounts that made fun of him...............He also suspended Kanye West for his bigoted bullshit, but hey, free speech even if it's ugly.

And unless someone was arrested for what they said, nobody's freedom of speech has been violated.

You know, I've been a liberal Democrat my whole like and I am furious at the Democrats............all these babies being sacrificed to drink their blood. They've never offered ME any baby blood. Why? I'm a donor, I'm loyal and I'm really fucking tired, I could use it.

Anyway............good luck with your..........whaddaya call it........search for truth................I am sure you will cover every single inch of the flat earth disk.............all the way to the giant Ice Wall that NASA protects by shooting people who go near it.
smh.

I'm pretty middle of the road but I do know a lot of right leaning folks and I can assure you the vast majority of them think all of that stuff is ridiculous. Basically its no different than trying to attribute the beliefs of the people who think we'd be better off as a communist nation, didnt cut down any more trees and outlawed gas engines to every person that leans a bit Left. Its a simplistic way of thinking but it helps you avoid looking at the real issue and thinking critically:

The government, in secret, actively worked with tech companies to hinder beliefs it didnt agree with and promote beliefs that it did. Many of these beliefs were simply political in nature thus elevating one side (coincidentally their side) over the other. Not to mention many of the things that were suppressed but later found out to be accurate.

And again: this is about secretive government involvement in picking and choosing what Americans can say; not about whether or not a private company has the right. It really comes down to this: Do you think the government should be deciding what you or I can say?

billmich88888

Post by billmich88888 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:23 am

dial-it-in wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:19 pm
riggs wrote:

smh.

I'm pretty middle of the road but I do know a lot of right leaning folks and I can assure you the vast majority of them think all of that stuff is ridiculous. Basically its no different than trying to attribute the beliefs of the people who think we'd be better off as a communist nation, didnt cut down any more trees and outlawed gas engines to every person that leans a bit Left. Its a simplistic way of thinking but it helps you avoid looking at the real issue and thinking critically:

The government, in secret, actively worked with tech companies to hinder beliefs it didnt agree with and promote beliefs that it did. Many of these beliefs were simply political in nature thus elevating one side (coincidentally their side) over the other. Not to mention many of the things that were suppressed but later found out to be accurate.

And again: this is about secretive government involvement in picking and choosing what Americans can say; not about whether or not a private company has the right. It really comes down to this: Do you think the government should be deciding what you or I can say?
standard answer in 2022:

1) If I agree with it, yes, it should be promoted
2) If I disagree with it, it should be outlawed and anyone that thinks that way should be reprogrammed/sent to the gulag

there is no middle ground. Critical thinking doesn't draw viewers/listeners to cable news/tv stations....

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:06 am

dial-it-in wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:19 pm
riggs wrote:

smh.

Not only what some people can say, but what the majority of the citizens hear. That's their bigger priority.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:11 am

ProducerXM wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:43 pm
Good God. Could you idiots please educate yourselves? It’s unbelievable that you’re actually allowed to vote.
Unfortunately, you're dealing with people profiling in the basement of their parents house, laptop or tablet perched on their belly, only getting their information from websites that tell them what they want to hear.

I would run out of fingers and toes counting the number of times a five minute Google search proved what someone posted as fact was not true at all.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:37 pm

Man, y'all wound up too tight. Go upstairs, pour a drink, put some good tunes on and just relax.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:03 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:37 pm
Man, y'all wound up too tight. Go upstairs, pour a drink, put some good tunes on and just relax.
Old white guys... :roll: They need to learn why God legalized weed.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:29 am

Okay dial-it-in, I'll bite:
I've mulled thru the "Twitter Files" and can't really find what you are saying.. please point to a specific example where "the government" hindered "beliefs". Hold on let me make it easier. Show me the spot where anyone in "the government" stopped anyone on Twitter from posting about "beliefs" that "the government" disagreed with. For sure, if you said "the CHINESE government" that is an easily provable statement. But I can't find it in the "Twitter Files". Please help.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:02 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:29 am
I've mulled thru the "Twitter Files" and can't really find what you are saying.. please point to a specific example where "the government" hindered "beliefs". Hold on let me make it easier. Show me the spot where anyone in "the government" stopped anyone on Twitter from posting about "beliefs" that "the government" disagreed with. For sure, if you said "the CHINESE government" that is an easily provable statement. But I can't find it in the "Twitter Files". Please help.
I know that you think you've probably framed the perfect "gotcha" response here but I'll help you along to a better level of understanding. I won't take too much time and effort because frankly I don't think it matters. It seems you already have your mind made up.
Lets just start with this:
If you have read the information that has come out as thoroughly as you've said, you would have learned the following:
Twitter employees regularly "shadow banned", limited exposure and intentionally banned conservatives simply for being conservatives despite claiming they do not do any of those things. This includes former CEO Jack Dorsey directly saying they don't when called to testify before congress. Why is this important? Because it shows and establishes a pattern that Twitter employees, all the way to the very top, were willing to lie about what would be allowed on the platform and how they operate.
To the heart of the matter...
Twitter regularly (weekly or more) met with government agencies and personnel (in secret) to decide and establish what was "misinformation" and "disinformation" (according to them of course); much of the material they decided would be banned was simply political in nature or later found to be accurate but politically damaging at the time. Through these meetings with more than willing tech partners like Twitter our government effectively decided what was acceptable speech and what was not.
You may be perfectly fine with that but many are not. As I've said...I'm pretty middle of the road and I don't know how anyone can find this anything but concerning.
Last edited by dial-it-in on Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:03 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:03 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Why did you bring race into this? Is that an important factor here? Also, I'm not old. :lol:

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:41 am

dial-it-in wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:02 am
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
I know that you think you've probably framed the perfect "gotcha" response here but I'll help you along to a better level of understanding. I won't take too much time and effort because frankly I don't think it matters. It seems you already have your mind made up.
If you have read the information that has come out as thoroughly as you've said, you would have learned the following:
Twitter employees regularly "shadow banned", limited exposure and intentionally banned conservatives simply for being conservatives despite claiming they do not do any of those things. This includes former CEO Jack Dorsey directly saying they don't when called to testify before congress. Why is this important? Because it shows and establishes a pattern that Twitter employees, all the way to the very top, were willing to lie about what would be allowed on the platform and how they operate.
Twitter regularly (weekly or more) met with government agencies and personnel (in secret) to decide and establish what was "misinformation" and "disinformation" (according to them of course); much of the material they decided would be banned was simply political in nature or later found to be accurate but politically damaging at the time. Through these meetings with more than willing tech partners like Twitter our government effectively decided what was acceptable speech and what was not.
You may be perfectly fine with that but many are not. As I've said...I'm pretty middle of the road and I don't know how anyone can find this anything but concerning.
You sound as middle of the road as Sean Hannity.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:56 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:41 am
dial-it-in wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:02 am
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
You sound as middle of the road as Sean Hannity.
OK, chief.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:10 pm

dial-it-in wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:03 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:03 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Why did you bring race into this? Is that an important factor here? Also, I'm not old. :lol:
This wasn't directed to you actually. And yes, race is everything to some of our other posters.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

edj

Post by edj » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:03 am

The local media not covering it is partly due to laziness and partly due to bias.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:20 am

edj wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:03 am
The local media not covering it is partly due to laziness and partly due to bias.
Why should the local media cover a national story again?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic