Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WWJ overnight anchor Jim Matthews killed

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WWJ overnight anchor Jim Matthews killed

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:40 am

Her horrible choices subjected her children to violent abuse.

After re-reading the Freep article, I now think a sexual relationship was possibly occurring with the assassin, too.

billmich88888

Post by billmich88888 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:02 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:40 am

After re-reading the Freep article, I now think a sexual relationship was possibly occurring with the assassin, too.
between Jim and the assassin?, or the addict and assassin?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:53 am

Between the addict and the assassin.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:16 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:40 am

It’s rather bold of you to judge what is undoubtedly a really messy and complicated situation. If what you are saying were true does it speak highly of Mr. Matthews either?

You are being way too harsh with this.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:23 pm

There was a similar case in Flint in 2008. Attacker had just got out of prison, and presumably both were involved with the woman. Attacker came at the defender with a chair, and the would be victim pulled his pistol and killed him. Because the respective races were reversed, it caused a major outcry and demand for a murder charge. But it was clearly self defense, as two or more police investigations concluded.

Three is always one too many. It never works. Just from observation. Usually it ends badly. MW's analysis is the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about, but it is likely correct.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:28 pm

We will have to agree to disagree, Rate This.

I am not being excessively harsh in the least, in my opinion.

I think she took advantage of Jim's good nature in all likelihood.

Thanks to Ben Zonia for backing me on this. I certainly pray and hope these recent gruesome tragedies cause the young lady in question to ditch drugs forever, ditch her druggie friends, and to turn her life completely around.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:33 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:28 pm
We will have to agree to disagree, Rate This.

I am not being excessively harsh in the least, in my opinion.

I think she took advantage of Jim's good nature in all likelihood.

Thanks to Ben Zonia for backing me on this.
Did you know Jim?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:34 pm

Nope. Just reading the tea leaves.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:45 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:34 pm
Nope. Just reading the tea leaves.
So what if he wasn’t good natured? When they ask his coworkers about the guy they aren’t gonna say otherwise. There won’t be any “Yeah that jerk got what he had coming!” statements. This is kind of like that Amtrak thing from before. You are long on opinions and short on the reality of the situation which is your MO I think. You would be an excellent talk radio host! Reminds me of the time you posted about Jeeps “stalling” at intersections and how terrible the cars were… only to be informed by somebody else here that it was auto-start/stop.

None of us have the kind of information readily available we need to understand the reality. You can go off media reports but haven’t you ever noticed when they report on a subject you know a lot about the things they say are usually so wrong it’s cringeworthy? That’s why I’m saying we should tread rather lightly here. The guy who did the attacking could have presented himself just fine until he wasn’t for example. These sorts of interpersonal domestic situations are both fucked up and not cut and dry.

You are portraying the girlfriend as X, Y and Z… how do you know that?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:30 pm

Well, for starters, she refused to answer the reporter's question when asked if she did drugs with Williamson.

Next, after moving in with Matthews, she invites this guy over to *his* house. Remember, the neighbors stated they saw Williamson visit on multiple occasions.

I can only connect dots based on circumstantial evidence. I cannot say with absolute certainty that my conclusions are correct.

I will commend her for giving her sister guardianship of the two children. That's probably a good decision.

By the way, Amtrak blows. It's an hour slower to travel from Royal Oak to Chicago by train versus car according to Google.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:10 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:30 pm
Well, for starters, she refused to answer the reporter's question when asked if she did drugs with Williamson.

Next, after moving in with Matthews, she invites this guy over to *his* house. Remember, the neighbors stated they saw Williamson visit on multiple occasions.

I can only connect dots based on circumstantial evidence. I cannot say with absolute certainty that my conclusions are correct.

I will commend her for giving her sister guardianship of the two children. That's probably a good decision.

By the way, Amtrak blows. It's an hour slower to travel from Royal Oak to Chicago by train versus car according to Google.
Interesting. My question is did the man have permission from Matthews to be there?

Sure it does… but I like trains as a hobby so it all works for me.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:16 pm

Thanks, guys. I wasn't sending for applause, just wanted to stand up for some of my fellow addicts. Some folks have enough of that bullshit and some don't. I've stepped over the bodies and had guns held to my head. What's a shame is that people continue that lifestyle. I've heard dudes say that they're only in rehab because the judge said so or to get their tolerance down. What sucks is that these poor kids are subjected to this bullshit. And now their lives are upside down.

So, yes, some suck but not all of us!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:19 pm

I would love true high speed rail. Part of the problem of the Wolverine line is too many grade level crossings, another problem is freight trains receiving priority (please correct me if that's changed recently), and perhaps a third problem is the number of stops (to pick up passengers). If you board the train in Pontiac, you stop twice before even exiting Oakland County!

You ask a great question, Rate This - was Matthews OK with Williamson's visits? We might never know.

I think we can all agree the guy should've already been behind bars.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:57 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:19 pm

You ask a great question, Rate This - was Matthews OK with Williamson's visits? We might never know.

RT's bloviating, and his condescending, all knowing, lecturing tone is really beginning to wear thin... :rolleyes

There was more than one report stating that Williamson was usually there during the time that Jim Matthews would've been sleeping. Keep in mind, Jim's brother lives across the street.

As for Jim himself, he worked for Liggett prior to WWJ. He was a quiet, unassuming guy, and a team player. That's what I have heard for years, long before this terrible incident. Radio people badmouth each other all of the time. It's a competitive business, filled with shallow, self absorbed, insecure people. Jim seemed to be one of those rare exceptions. I have never once heard a bad word uttered about Jim Matthews, from anyone at the former Liggett stations, or at WWJ.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:24 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:57 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:19 pm

RT's bloviating, and his condescending, all knowing, lecturing tone is really beginning to wear thin... :rolleyes

There was more than one report stating that Williamson was usually there during the time that Jim Matthews would've been sleeping. Keep in mind, Jim's brother lives across the street.

As for Jim himself, he worked for Liggett prior to WWJ. He was a quiet, unassuming guy, and a team player. That's what I have heard for years, long before this terrible incident. Radio people badmouth each other all of the time. It's a competitive business, filled with shallow, self absorbed, insecure people. Jim seemed to be one of those rare exceptions. I have never once heard a bad word uttered about Jim Matthews, from anyone at the former Liggett stations, or at WWJ.
:roll: Not gonna go there... If you want to get beat around we have a board for that you sometimes appear in.

If we suppose the reports are correct was he aware the guy was there regularly at all?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic