Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

106.7 The D We Play Anything

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15835

106.7 The D We Play Anything

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:58 pm

I loved this station! and if I like anything it doesn't last. This station kicked the snot out of Doug-FM. For corporate station, they were interesting and some of the music blocks were interesting.

Here is are a couple of really interesting back to back songs

Led Zeppelin-Black Dog
Madonna- Open Your Heart

Steely Dan-Deacon Blues
Matchbox 20-Push

Smash Mouth- All Star
Pink Floyd- Money

Whitesnake- Slow and easy
Third Eye Blind- Semi Charmed life
George Michael- Father Figure

I'm going off memory a bit but I think I'm right. IMO they should have stuck with this. I would really like to see another Varity hits station again.

ChrisWL1980

Re: 106.7 The D We Play Anything

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:58 pm

If I remember correctly it started off leaning very classic rock and then was tweaked to add a lot of pop. I knew the format had been tweaked when I heard Ace of Base "The Sign" on 106.7. This also created too much overlap with WNIC; hence it wasn't to be long for this world. The same thing happened with one of 106.7's previous incarnations (The Beat - my personal favorite of the multitude of formats the frequency has had over the past 23 years) because of the threat of cannibalizing 955.

No Variety Hits station I've heard has had a more bizarre mix than the former incarnation of Eagle 101.5 up north. This was a station that truly did "play everything" - George Strait, Metallica, and the Carpenters all in the same hour. Trainwreck city, but for a music geek, it made for exciting listening because you literally never knew what they'd play next. They're somewhat more focused these days with a Classic Hits/AAA hybrid.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:00 pm

I really enjoyed it too, especially when they added more pop to the playlist so it didn't exactly sound like The D with a lot of the same previous classic rock. They should've kept it around longer instead of another alternative station. I feel the same regarding 98.7 the Breeze.

That Eagle 101.5 sounded awesome.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:56 pm

ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:58 pm
No Variety Hits station I've heard has had a more bizarre mix than the former incarnation of Eagle 101.5 up north. This was a station that truly did "play everything" - George Strait, Metallica, and the Carpenters all in the same hour. Trainwreck city, but for a music geek, it made for exciting listening because you literally never knew what they'd play next. They're somewhat more focused these days with a Classic Hits/AAA hybrid.
Now this is my kinda station

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic