Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What would you do if you owned one or more of the area radio and TV broadcasts

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Realist

Re: What would you do if you owned one or more of the area radio and TV broadcasts

Post by Realist » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:40 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:43 am
(count down clocks)3,2,1 Look out Detroit here we come.... MEEYOOOW

" Detroit you are about to witness something new and soon to be a Detroit legend.(Meow) For several months now, we have talked to many of you in Detroit and SE Michigan, you told Detroit radio had " gone to the dogs" , that too many of the stations were boring. (Meow) You said you wanted a station that didn't play the same "safe" burned out classic rocks tracks day in and day out. You told us you wanted to hear recent music from the 2010s but also your old favorites from The 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s(purr purr). However, no sappy love songs or rap(Hiss!).

You told you were tired of cheesy unfunny morning shows, stilly contests, and shouty DJs. You wanted something different, well... we listened and today we are introducing you to a new station, one that isn't a homely dog. Welcome to 106-7 The Cat.

*Montage of snippets songs* Bent-Matchbox 20, Hey 19-Steely Dan, Alive-Pearl Jam, Friday night-Katy Perry, Father figure-George Michael, Tumble in the jungle-Jethro Tull, Default-wasted my time, Foreigner- Head knocker, Green day-when I come around.

So here's the rules... I'm a cat, I do what I want and have things on my terms. So... I'll play whatever I feel like and don't tell me what to play. Ok? I'll let you listen as long as you want. Ready? lets go!!

Pearl Jam-Alive
The Motels-Suddenly last summer

106.7 The cat... hey I need my litter boxed scooped and some of those chicken treats!

REM- The one I love
Kim Campbell- Go for a Soda

MEEYOW... hey WCSX, bet you haven't played this in a long time..

Yes- Yours is no disgrace
third eye blind- Semi charmed life

106-7 Theeeee Cat!! eat your heart out Garfield

Jermaine Stewart- We don't have to take our clothes off
Boys don't cry- I wanna be a cowboy
Green Day-Basket case

So... we gotta play these commercials, while your at I need to be brushed and I threw up on the rug. 106.7 the cat

Ok.. were back... hey WDVD jealous yet?

Sting- If you love someone, set them free
Van Halen- When its love
Go west- king of wishful thinking

I'm napping not now... 106.7 the cat.

WLLZ Detroit... there now its legal... happy?
Couple of songs there that I’d change the station but otherwise a pretty decent playlist

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: What would you do if you owned one or more of the area radio and TV broadcasts

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:08 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:43 am
(count down clocks)3,2,1 Look out Detroit here we come.... MEEYOOOW

" Detroit you are about to witness something new and soon to be a Detroit legend.(Meow) For several months now, we have talked to many of you in Detroit and SE Michigan, you told Detroit radio had " gone to the dogs" , that too many of the stations were boring. (Meow) You said you wanted a station that didn't play the same "safe" burned out classic rocks tracks day in and day out. You told us you wanted to hear recent music from the 2010s but also your old favorites from The 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s(purr purr). However, no sappy love songs or rap(Hiss!).

You told you were tired of cheesy unfunny morning shows, stilly contests, and shouty DJs. You wanted something different, well... we listened and today we are introducing you to a new station, one that isn't a homely dog. Welcome to 106-7 The Cat.

*Montage of snippets songs* Bent-Matchbox 20, Hey 19-Steely Dan, Alive-Pearl Jam, Friday night-Katy Perry, Father figure-George Michael, Tumble in the jungle-Jethro Tull, Default-wasted my time, Foreigner- Head knocker, Green day-when I come around.

So here's the rules... I'm a cat, I do what I want and have things on my terms. So... I'll play whatever I feel like and don't tell me what to play. Ok? I'll let you listen as long as you want. Ready? lets go!!

Pearl Jam-Alive
The Motels-Suddenly last summer

106.7 The cat... hey I need my litter boxed scooped and some of those chicken treats!

REM- The one I love
Kim Campbell- Go for a Soda

MEEYOW... hey WCSX, bet you haven't played this in a long time..

Yes- Yours is no disgrace
third eye blind- Semi charmed life

106-7 Theeeee Cat!! eat your heart out Garfield

Jermaine Stewart- We don't have to take our clothes off
Boys don't cry- I wanna be a cowboy
Green Day-Basket case

So... we gotta play these commercials, while your at I need to be brushed and I threw up on the rug. 106.7 the cat

Ok.. were back... hey WDVD jealous yet?

Sting- If you love someone, set them free
Van Halen- When its love
Go west- king of wishful thinking

I'm napping not now... 106.7 the cat.

WLLZ Detroit... there now its legal... happy?
Claw me in!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:19 am

:)

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:57 am

I have a music collection so wide that I could easily run about two weeks of programming without repeating. Techno, House, Chill, Alternative, Rap, AC, and others are represented in my collection.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Steve79

Post by Steve79 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:42 am

I'd flip 106.7 back to variety hits. "106.7 the lake" We play Anything (similar to 106.5 in Cleveland)
Hell they can even keep Wheels name. "Wheels 106.7" We play Anything!
I was a BIG BIG fan of 106.7 the D when they were around ( As variety hits )

93.1 DRQ the rhythm of Detroit. Rhythmic AC.

98.3/99.9 The Groove. "Detroit's Groove" - Motown, Classic Soul, 90's R&B

93.5/99.1 Praise Detroit.

105.1 lite Fm. - Soft AC

105.9 - keep it the same, Add more adult R&B ( slow jams ) to the playlist.

107.5 - Smooth Jazz.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:36 pm

Steve79 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:42 am
I'd flip 106.7 back to variety hits. "106.7 the lake" We play Anything (similar to 106.5 in Cleveland)
Hell they can even keep Wheels name. "Wheels 106.7" We play Anything!
I was a BIG BIG fan of 106.7 the D when they were around ( As variety hits )

93.1 DRQ the rhythm of Detroit. Rhythmic AC.

98.3/99.9 The Groove. "Detroit's Groove" - Motown, Classic Soul, 90's R&B

93.5/99.1 Praise Detroit.

105.1 lite Fm. - Soft AC

105.9 - keep it the same, Add more adult R&B ( slow jams ) to the playlist.

107.5 - Smooth Jazz.
Yes, I liked the 2nd version of 106.7 The D as well. If I was in the mood for it, smooth jazz was nice too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic