Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Both 93.1 and 106.7 FM and up in the March PPM's

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Marcus

Both 93.1 and 106.7 FM and up in the March PPM's

Post by Marcus » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:01 pm

WDRQ went from a 2.0 to a 2.7
WLLZ now has a 2.5

Hot AC WDVD and Public NPR affiliate WDET both fell this time.

https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb011

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Both 93.1 and 106.7 FM and up in the March PPM's

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:24 pm

The move for LLZ is just a wobble.

The 93.1 gains are substantial, however. I am unsure if the recent programming tweaks occurred during the survey period.

96.3 recorded its worst performance in 6+ in many years, perhaps the very worst of the PPM era. The station suffered from annoying audio chain issues in February and early March, which likely contributed to the decline.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:02 pm

Happy to see Alt 98.7 pull up a small share. 2.1. Keep doing the gold cuts, dump the "mall-ternative" jocks and lose the afternoon show. Bet by summer they could hit a 2.5.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:42 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:02 pm
Happy to see Alt 98.7 pull up a small share. 2.1. Keep doing the gold cuts, dump the "mall-ternative" jocks and lose the afternoon show. Bet by summer they could hit a 2.5.
The idiot who comes on before Church of Lazlo…no DJ has ever grated on my nerves more. That includes Madison’s singing on XM.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:46 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:42 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
The idiot who comes on before Church of Lazlo…no DJ has ever grated on my nerves more. That includes Madison’s singing on XM.
Holy SHIT! My fiancé cannot fucking STAND Madison!!!

-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:38 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:46 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
This dude has an annoying voice and the worst jokes. And this guy is syndicated and covers 5 markets somehow. Yikes.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:35 pm

Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:38 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:46 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
This dude has an annoying voice and the worst jokes. And this guy is syndicated and covers 5 markets somehow. Yikes.
Must work cheap.

I would personally love a shift from Camfield. He's live in Dallas in middays. At least it's an interesting voice (British) with his own style. Very engaging. I call him from time to time and he always has time to talk and take a request. Plus, he has alternative rock radio background. These guys they have here just don't cut it.

-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:21 am

I might be in the minority, but I actually like Brady (midday jock on WDZH who is piped in from New York). He actually puts some effort into his shift by using (presumably fake) phoners.

Yes - Madison's singing on Sirius XM Lithium is the absolute WORST!!! I turn the volume all the way down or change the channel each time she breaks into song.

Here is what I recommend for WDZH:
- Hire a local morning jock or morning show. Play 9 or 10 songs an hour.
- Ian Camfield handles middays.
- Cancel "Church of Lazlo" but give Julia (based in Detroit) her own LIVE shift in afternoons. Alternatively (no pun intended), let her handle middays live and place Camfield in afternoon drive.
- Move Brady to evenings.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:48 am

Every so often WLLZ bumps up to 2.5 or so and then theyre back down to 2.2.
Nothing new. They seem to be OK with their shit low to mid 2 range.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:13 am

Good info on demo rankings:
https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/arch ... h-22-analy

The winners over the past two books have generally been WRIF, WJLB (which is remarkable given the struggles of the hip-hop and R&B format over the past two or three years in other markets), WXYT-F, WMGC, WKQI, WCSX, WOMC and WMXD.

I suspect WNIC is the best performer of the second tier, probably followed by WYCD and WDMK.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:36 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:21 am
I might be in the minority, but I actually like Brady (midday jock on WDZH who is piped in from New York). He actually puts some effort into his shift by using (presumably fake) phoners.

Yes - Madison's singing on Sirius XM Lithium is the absolute WORST!!! I turn the volume all the way down or change the channel each time she breaks into song.

Here is what I recommend for WDZH:
- Hire a local morning jock or morning show. Play 9 or 10 songs an hour.
- Ian Camfield handles middays.
- Cancel "Church of Lazlo" but give Julia (based in Detroit) her own LIVE shift in afternoons. Alternatively (no pun intended), let her handle middays live and place Camfield in afternoon drive.
- Move Brady to evenings.
I liked Brady, who Is from Metro Detroit, better on Z100 as a CHR jock. He's decent on 98.7.
Julia, although from Detroit, is based at B96 Chicago. She's WAY too good to be on that skin crawling awful Church abortion.
She needs to move on before it destroys her brand.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:03 pm

I really enjoyed her work during the brief time she was co-host of Amp Radio 98.7's morning show.

Unless, the Church of Lazblo folks are lying to the audience (possible), she still resides in Metro Detroit.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:11 pm

They are still working on getting Camfield back in afternoon drive in DFW. I would be happy with a tracked Camfield in either daypart. We do need a local presence around here. Yes, go with Julia. That afternoon show is the nadir of radio, and that's saying a lot. Lazblow (who claims Livonia) sounds like a drunk Kermit the Frog. You can't tell me they don't have time/money for ONE live daypart.

-TurkeyTop

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:29 am

I heard Camfield while driving to the Tigers game Saturday morning. It’s a shame they don’t put him where Lazblow is.

I’m with MCRF- Brady is far more annoying than entertaining.

Onto the music, am I the only one who thinks they’ve gone too far in the other direction? Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad the kid laroi/24kgolden/juiceworld is gone, but it seems every song is something I’ve heard a million times already. I appreciate the gold focus, but could the variety be improved a little? Like, throw in an occasional “Don’t look back in anger” or “Morning Glory” instead of “Wonderwall” every time I tune them in?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:41 am

The problem isn't so much the era of music that's being played, it's the lack of song selection from staple artists. You are right; it would be nice to hear more than one or two songs from Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam.

They do a decent job mixing up song titles from Nirvana and Linkin Park. Sure as hell would be nice if they could extend the same courtesy to the artists named above, plus Soundgarden, Green Day, Foo Fighters and others.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic