Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
unscopedaircheck

Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Post by unscopedaircheck » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:16 pm

I wonder how they're doing in terms of downloads recently. I used to be a pretty loyal listener. But in the past 3 or 4 weeks I think I've listened to maybe one show a week. It's just really tough to listen to Marc lately (moreso than usual). He's really become more pompous and arrogant than usual.

Trudi adds absolutely nothing other than the occasional furtive giggle.

When they have Karl on from Who are These Podcasts, it's like nails on a chalkboard. The guy's voice is horrible. He's not funny in the least. He points things out in podcasts that are not funny or interesting at all.

I hate to say it but I think I'm done with the show. Byeeeeee

conelrad

Re: Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Post by conelrad » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:45 pm

I love the podcast and never miss it. And I enjoy each member of the team. Marc being pompous? Nope. And Trudi fits in well. Brandon is terrific and his editing of the BONER LINE is second to none (terrific use of listener feedback). There's a good reason they have such a big audience and good advertisers.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:16 pm

Marc is Drews crutch. Nothing more; nothing less. His contributions have always been lackluster at best even going back to the old days. A little Marc goes a long way. Drew has always been top notch. I truly believe he is one of the top radio talents of the past 50 years.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:03 am

Where's Mike been?

/s

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:09 am

Let’s be honest, Mike made that show. The greatest hits for Mike was great today.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:27 am

I really enjoy the podcast for the most part. Yes Marc pisses me off sometimes but I can appreciate that you need to be pissed off once in a while to keep things interesting. I also think Marc knows a ton about pop culture and you need a person like that to carry a show for 3 hours a pop. I really like Bran-Don and it was great to hear Bentley on the show this week. I also miss the Mike Clark of old, but not the Mike Clark who was kinda mailing it in the last few years he was on radio.

Since this is a complaint thread:
I also hate Karl and WATP, the only times he was interesting to me was the segment on Dave and Chuck.
I hate that they call MAZ during bowling, but I really enjoy MAZ about once a week or so.
If Drew has a problem it's repeating himself over and over. As I was driving home last night listening I thought to myself I have heard about how Spotify overpaid Megan and Harry for one half hour show at least 12 times, probably more. They way overplay celebs like Britney and Andy Dick as well. They shine when they talk about local news like Fouts, always have IMO.

Overall I love the show and will keep listening, and I just fast forward thru stuff like Karl.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:13 am

Where can I find their podcast?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:27 am

mikemach wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:27 am
I really enjoy the podcast for the most part. Yes Marc pisses me off sometimes but I can appreciate that you need to be pissed off once in a while to keep things interesting. I also think Marc knows a ton about pop culture and you need a person like that to carry a show for 3 hours a pop. I really like Bran-Don and it was great to hear Bentley on the show this week. I also miss the Mike Clark of old, but not the Mike Clark who was kinda mailing it in the last few years he was on radio.

Since this is a complaint thread:
I also hate Karl and WATP, the only times he was interesting to me was the segment on Dave and Chuck.
I hate that they call MAZ during bowling, but I really enjoy MAZ about once a week or so.
If Drew has a problem it's repeating himself over and over. As I was driving home last night listening I thought to myself I have heard about how Spotify overpaid Megan and Harry for one half hour show at least 12 times, probably more. They way overplay celebs like Britney and Andy Dick as well. They shine when they talk about local news like Fouts, always have IMO.

Overall I love the show and will keep listening, and I just fast forward thru stuff like Karl.
True. Cannot wait to hear what the gang's reaction is after Earthworm Jim got his ass handed to him today.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:53 am

paul8539 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:13 am
Where can I find their podcast?
Just google it.

https://www.drewandmikepodcast.com/

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:24 am

I really enjoy the podcast, though I have to admit there are days I skip.

I pause whenever shitwit subjects like Andy Dick, or The Bachelor (or anything related), or Carl dominate the show. And Maz? Why?

Bran-Don is hard worker. The Boner Line is creatively edited. Trudy adds fun here and there. Mark can sometimes be a catty bitch, but he contributes a lot, too.

But, overall, I really like Drew. He is well-read, sharp minded, has a great sense of humor I like, and a take on the daily weird bullshit I can identify with.

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:48 am

rushbuzz1013 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:24 am
I really enjoy the podcast, though I have to admit there are days I skip.
I pause whenever shitwit subjects like Andy Dick, The Bachelor (or anything related), or even Karl's WATP podcasts dominate the show. And Maz? Why?

Bran-Don seems to be a hard worker as his Boner Line is fun and creatively edited. Snickering Trudy adds fun here and there. Mark can be a catty bitch, but he contributes a lot, too.

But, overall, I really like Drew. He is well-read, sharp minded, has a great sense of humor I like, and a great take on the day's woke, weird or political bullshit.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:04 pm

I listen to the podcast daily, but I do FF thru anything Andy Dick, Kardashians, "Kanye", I do like when Drew talks about local news/sports, and his "Drew Crime", I am beginning to believe Marc is left leaning in his politics, and I do like when Eli is on Tuesdays...have other opinions but all in all I enjoy the show...and hope that sometime soon they can start to accept on air phone in's from listeners...

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:18 am

Being able to take calls "live" would be a great addition to the show. Driving to work today, too much Andy Dick and why do they waste time talking to his fake girlfriend? Also I know way more than I need to about Torri Lanes and Megan the Stallion (I'm sure I spelled their names wrong).

Oh well looking forward to Eli tomorrow.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:09 am

Anyone else think putting Drew and Tom (Griswold) together could be the greatest "has been" radio show of all time?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:10 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:09 am
Anyone else think putting Drew and Tom (Griswold) together could be the greatest "has been" radio show of all time?
I don't think it because I don't know who Tom Griswold is. Drew does pretty good with his current crew I think.

I also would not call him a "has been" as he has pretty much successfully reinvented himself on a podcast and he is (I assume) paying employees and making some money himself thru advertising etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic