Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
unscopedaircheck

Re: Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Post by unscopedaircheck » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:11 pm

I wish they would do more calls to random people. They don't do that at all anymore. Some of the best memories of the show are from those. Wampler Farms and the turkey, Drew Blows, celebrity Rolodex.

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:34 pm

The problem with random calls is nobody answers the phone anymore. They try and call places every now and then and it's usually a big fail. on yesterday's show they tried to call the Pro Football Hall of Fame about OJ and it was a total fail.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:57 am

You're right. They would need to record during business hours. Although, if they're recording around 5pm, that's 2pm west coast time... Find some stupid stories from California. Do a Harris poll. Do something instead of Karl and true crime.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:02 am

I just listened to Sunday's show. They spent over an hour watching Elisa Jordana's video and subsequently calling and speaking with her.

I honestly think I'm dumber for having listened to it.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:21 am

unscopedaircheck wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:02 am
I just listened to Sunday's show. They spent over an hour watching Elisa Jordana's video and subseqeuently calling and speaking with her.

Although I didn't think it was possible, I honestly think I'm dumber for having listened to it.
I'm sorry but I sincerely have to ask what I pondered for a bit. Why listen to something you constantly critique?

Think for a moment. What else could you of done during that hour that you'll never get back? And I truly would not say this if your gig here on Buzzboard wasn't criticizing the Beavis & Butthead Podcast.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:30 pm

This entire message board is built upon people listening/watching things and then complaining about it.

It's not like I sat, chained to a chair, listening to this for an hour. It was on in the background while I did things and I'd drift in and out of paying attention.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:24 pm

unscopedaircheck wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:02 am
I just listened to Sunday's show. They spent over an hour watching Elisa Jordana's video and subsequently calling and speaking with her.

I honestly think I'm dumber for having listened to it.
Yea, as much as I do enjoy "The Drew Lane Show", that segment with that chick who I never even knew existed, was really depressing, I had to FF ahead out of that conversation, I did learn enough to know she is an air-headed bimbo with awful judgement and tastes in men, and $$$ is everything to her.
Also excellent example of how social media is slowly but surely degrading the moral fabric of this country, people like her are only relevant because of social media...

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:54 pm

I think I'd rather listen to a segment featuring her than anything involving Karl.

Another complaint I have is with the sponsors. Just write the copy and stop trying to be funny and shoehorning show references into it. It's forced and not funny.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic