Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
pargoff

Re: Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Post by pargoff » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:45 am

unscopedaircheck wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:05 pm
Another great appearance by Karl yesterday. First of all, where the fuck does he get off mocking anyone's voice? The guy sounds like he's trying to squeeze out a stubborn shit while his sinuses are completely clogged and his nasal septum is at a right angle to the rest of his nose.

He comes on the show with bland podcast clips. He played a few clips from Chelsea handler's podcast. I hate Chelsea handler but the clips he played were innocuous at best. He played her reading an ad and then tried to sound badass by making fun of it. It was literally just her reading an ad.

Then he lays into her for having Meghan Trainor on. He acted like Trainor is some washed up nobody. She probably gets more hits and streams in one minute than Karl has gotten his entire life.

Again, I don't know why drew thinks people are entertained by this re-re.
I'm convinced that Drew has invested into WATP and is trying desperately to push the show forward. I don't need an hour of Karl ripping other podcasts. It's funny that Drew rails against how mean people are on twitter and then proceeds to tear into other podcasts with Karl.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:21 pm

You might be on to something with that.
I can't believe that Karl can make a living with his stupid little show.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:33 pm

You know Drew likes to chastise other shows for being lazy, but there is nothing lazier than reading off a list from some website. Do you hear that? Drew

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:34 pm

Oh Mark, suddenly you're a fucking economist

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:57 pm

Honestly... What is Drew's obsession with being on YouTube?

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:38 am

Drew's obsession with YouTube reached a whole new level. If you listen to the podcast why would you want to watch clips of what you already heard? But Drew seem like quite a "Grump" to quote the old Charlie Sheen phone call.

But the truth came out later, they want to do the ass end of the show on YouTube which will force listeners to watch it there and bring the show money.
I get it but it makes hearing the entire show much more inconvenient for me. It's harder to listen to while driving.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:03 pm

I didn't hear the part about them having exclusive portions on YouTube. Regardless, I won't make a special trip to YouTube just to watch some of that.

The show's really gone downhill in the past month. All they do are lists. I bet you in every show there are two to three lists that take up an hour out of the 3 hours

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:55 am

It's mind-blowing. Karl comes on the show and rips on Dana Carvey and David Spade in one breath then blows Cumia in the next.

Drew HAS to have a financial interest in watp. Otherwise why continue this charade?

SD45

Post by SD45 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:11 pm

Im going to keep relying on everyone posting here so I don't have to listen.

I got bored with it months ago.

Sherwood420

Post by Sherwood420 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:00 am

So the YouTube thing is the new big deal for the last couple of weeks on D&M podcast. I will say that i was interested to see how it would work at first. To me, the YouTube thing has become thier main focus. They have also started watching alot more videos. That works OK for the YT bullshit, but say for example someone like myself that listens at work....it really doe not work. Nothing like listening to a show and the show starts watching videos....and you can't see them. I've clicked over and watched a few YT videos, but that really doesn't work for someone listening at work. I also think it's rather lazy to for them to sit there and watch clips. Maybe it's me.

Also Karl continues with his same old shit. I got an alert on my phone a bit ago, and it was a new D&M YT video.....with Karl. The title was "Karl from WATP rags on Shuli, Stuttering John and Chad Zumock." I went to the comment section tonight and was amazed that seemingly all of the comments were from Karls and his minions fans. Ill NEVER understand why Drew is all in on Karl. Even MORE baffling is when Karl is on, they talk about Stuttering John, Shuli and Chad Zumock??? I know who 2 of them are, and I don't care 1 bit about them. I'm not sure how many people in The D&M audience know who they are, or care about them. It's fkkn baffling.

Also hearing Drew go on and bitch about the Women's college Bball championship game for 3 days this past week was right up there in the cringe column 😬. His takes are pretty whacked out sometimes. I didn't really give a shit about the "controversy" of the championship game, nor do I give a flying fuck about women's college basketball. Once again, I'm not sure how many people really wanted to hear that shit brought up for 3 days.

With all that said, I will say that I am daily, or close to it, listener. It's a solid show to me. Tho hearing a, however old Drew is, man worry about YT is weird and comical to me. Also, FU K Karl, and double FU K anything at all about Stuttering John, Shuli and whoever the FUCK this Chad Zumock character is.

Come on DREW

pargoff

Post by pargoff » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:49 am

Sherwood420 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:00 am
So the YouTube thing is the new big deal for the last couple of weeks on D&M podcast. I will say that i was interested to see how it would work at first. To me, the YouTube thing has become thier main focus. They have also started watching alot more videos. That works OK for the YT bullshit, but say for example someone like myself that listens at work....it really doe not work. Nothing like listening to a show and the show starts watching videos....and you can't see them. I've clicked over and watched a few YT videos, but that really doesn't work for someone listening at work. I also think it's rather lazy to for them to sit there and watch clips. Maybe it's me.

Also Karl continues with his same old shit. I got an alert on my phone a bit ago, and it was a new D&M YT video.....with Karl. The title was "Karl from WATP rags on Shuli, Stuttering John and Chad Zumock." I went to the comment section tonight and was amazed that seemingly all of the comments were from Karls and his minions fans. Ill NEVER understand why Drew is all in on Karl. Even MORE baffling is when Karl is on, they talk about Stuttering John, Shuli and Chad Zumock??? I know who 2 of them are, and I don't care 1 bit about them. I'm not sure how many people in The D&M audience know who they are, or care about them. It's fkkn baffling.

Also hearing Drew go on and bitch about the Women's college Bball championship game for 3 days this past week was right up there in the cringe column 😬. His takes are pretty whacked out sometimes. I didn't really give a shit about the "controversy" of the championship game, nor do I give a flying fuck about women's college basketball. Once again, I'm not sure how many people really wanted to hear that shit brought up for 3 days.

With all that said, I will say that I am daily, or close to it, listener. It's a solid show to me. Tho hearing a, however old Drew is, man worry about YT is weird and comical to me. Also, FU K Karl, and double FU K anything at all about Stuttering John, Shuli and whoever the FUCK this Chad Zumock character is.

Come on DREW
I agree with most of this. I am convinced that Drew is a heavy investor into WATP and that's why he continues to push it. It seems to me that Drew constantly needs to be chasing something or someone (Screech, Dave and Chuck, etc.). I listen daily and have found myself FF'ing more and more. The show could easily be 90 minutes and be just as good imo.

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:04 pm

I agree with the above as well. Who cares about Stuttering John and who the fuck is Shuli and the other guy?

But the kickoff of the Thursday show with the UM football story was Drew at his best, awesome listening! I was so glad that Bentley was there instead of Marc for that story!!! Drew is so good on local and some national stuff, but the Karl stuff is so cringe.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:02 pm

Drew likes to associate with former Howard Stern Show cast members evidently.

Sherwood420

Post by Sherwood420 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:48 pm

Sooo, I now think the YT thing is the MOST important part of the show....AT least Drew acts as if it is. We've also been subjected to another "FANTASTIC" YT video. Of fkkn course this video fkkn FEATURES that nasal voiced PUKER....KARL. The title is "KARL from WATP Roasts Rosie ofat...er, O'Donnells Depressing Podcast." When I found out this was the latest YT video, I was like WTF. We get another KARL video, this time featuring fkkn Rosie O'Donnell. Looks like Karl is just going for the easiest target. I'm listening to the podcast as I type this and Drew just said "the bar for humanity is sooo low." Yet he has this HUMAN FUCKSTAIN, KARL on ripping on people's podcasts that no one listens to, or cares about, or even knows these podcasts exist.

Also, the CONSTANT video watching is beyond OLD. I also feel Drew has been rather disgruntled lately. I know he has a hip problem, but he seems so much more negative lately. It's easy as FUCK to be negative. I work a Union Factory job. I just want to tune out and listen to something that makes me laugh. Between the disgruntled Drew who has been acting like he's older than my 74 year-old pops. Actually, I think my pops is a bit hipper these days. Well he definitely doesn't bitch as much as Drew.

Also, more FKKN lists. I'm sure their prep miiiiight be an hour. Or they just rip and read what Bran-Don has for them. I will say the Bran-Don makes me laugh the most.

I just realized Trudi is on today. I've been listening for a bit, and she finally popped in....of course with nothing substantial to say. Once In a blue moon Trudi will say something of substance, but that's usually once a month. It's also weird that when Trudi does start a comment, they just talk all over her.

To another commenter, FARC is off for a few days, and it has been REFRESHING!! I really never realized how much I don't care for his better than attitude. Dude KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING. I'm extremely glad FARC wasn't in last week when Drew was talking about the UM rape/suicide situation. I cringe right now what fkkn FARC would say.

Shows getting worse for me by the day. I like listening to talk shows, Stern is just as ridiculous anymore. Anyone know a good, funny, topical talk show, please let me know.

DREW---for the love of god....do something about Karl. Also Drew, you sound RIDICULOUS talking about fkkn Shuli and StutJo. They are beneath you. To FARC-- it was nice while you were off, your better than condescending attitude turns many off. You look like I thought when I saw you on the YT videos. You look CONDESCENDING and like a KNOW IT ALL. BRAN-DON--you fkkn rock. I'd like to hear more of you on air. Your Britney 'imitation" is EPIC. The BONER LINE NEVER disappoints. BENTLEY-- Can you take FARCS Spot, PLEASE 🙏?

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:18 am

You and I are of the same mind, my man.

The lists have been way too frequent lately and take up way too much time. I mean, the top 600 songs of all time?

I have a feeling Drew thinks that Youtube is going to turn into some big moneymaker for him. I don't know when he'll realize that there is no organic demand to see them record the podcast or have YT exclusive shit. They're not Rogan or Maher. I think he sees these other Podcasters doing video shit and he feels like he needs to.

Your point about Trudi is spot on. The only time I can recall her adding anything of value is when she was telling old radio stories.

I wish Farc would just stay out for good. He's just a smug asshole.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic