Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Library sizes

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Library sizes

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:02 am

I thought about this the other day.98.7 played the same song twice in an hour last Wednesday. And no, I cannot remember the song.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Art Van Damme

Post by Art Van Damme » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:55 am

In my experience, I’ve found “Library size” to be arbitrary depending upon the format, the PD, MD and or consultant.

During my time in Oldies radio, there were so many different ways to play with the rotations to make it sound like the station had a vast library, when in reality there were only 600 titles in the studio at any one time.

Burn identification of each title was crucial. Next was familiarity. Then, “hits” vs “stiffs”. Oh, and tempo, too, always seemed to be an issue. Auditorium tests had a say into what was played and what wasn’t.

Titles like “Oh, Pretty Woman”, “Jailhouse Rock”, “Brown-eyed Girl” and “The Letter” always tested in the top 10 and never went away. Very rarely did doo-wop or psychedelic rock test well.

Currents were a whole nother story.

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:17 am

600 titles would be welcomed, as I’d think that many of our non-current based stations are well under that.

Does anyone know: Going back 15+ years, did stations like CSX and WOMC have bigger libraries than now; or was it just a perception, due to better scheduling/rotations?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic