Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Blake Mathews

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Luke

Blake Mathews

Post by Luke » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:21 am

I saw on social that Dallas meteorologist Blake Mathews was in town a week or two ago. A few days later he announced it was his last day at the CBS O&O station. I’m wondering if he’s joining the 62 staff? I’m just wondering if anybody has heard anything.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Blake Mathews

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:39 am

Would make sense. His role at channel 11 in DFW was temporary; he was filling in for someone on maternity leave. He previously worked weekends at KHOU in Houston (a Tegna-owned CBS affiliate).

His entire forecasting career has been spent in deep south markets (College Station/Bryan, Jacksonville, Houston, Dallas). Would be interesting to see how well - or not - he does at forecasting winter weather up this way!

Of course, some folks in this market who've worked in the Midwest a long time still are not very good at forecasting snowfall (*cough* Dave Rexroth *cough*. *cough* Brandon Roux *cough*.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic