Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Annoying clicking noise in WRIF audio chain

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Annoying clicking noise in WRIF audio chain

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:22 am

I'm hearing closed loop type interference on 101 WRIF on two different receivers in the house. An annoying fuzzy "pop" or click can be heard about every few seconds.

Been happening since at least Friday evening.

Perhaps their head of engineering doesn't want to be bothered on the weekend?

WRIF has long had some of the crappier sounding audio among FM stations on the U.S. side of the Detroit River. Rhythm sections sound distorted when they play, vocals are sometimes squashed, and their processing setup seems incapable of handling bass punch and rhythm section material simultaneously. (106.7, 94.7 and 98.7 have no such issues.)

105.9 Kiss also sounds nice (sarcasm) & muddy these days. Holy crap has *that* station's audio gone into the shitter over the past month or so.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Mega Hertz

Re: Annoying clicking noise in WRIF audio chain

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:58 am

I heard it, also. But it wasn't just that. It was the worst fckn sound I'd ever heard from a major market radio station. I couldn't help but the change the station and not go back. It actually made me sick. Gave me a headache!

Turns out it was a Kid Rock song.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Realist

Re: Annoying clicking noise in WRIF audio chain

Post by Realist » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:55 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:58 am
I heard it, also. But it wasn't just that. It was the worst fckn sound I'd ever heard from a major market radio station. I couldn't help but the change the station and not go back. It actually made me sick. Gave me a headache!

Turns out it was a Kid Rock song.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic