Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What am I hearing on 107.9?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
deadend

What am I hearing on 107.9?

Post by deadend » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:41 pm

I was in the vicinity of Metro Airport and was scanning though the dial and I was picking up some kind of ethnic music on 107.9fm. None of the songs were in English. I listened for about 7-8 minutes before I reached my destination. The signal was a little choppy and sounded like it was broadcasting in mono.
I know it’s not Cars 108 from Flint, which I have been able to pick up on occasion. A pirate perhaps?

Ben Zonia

Re: What am I hearing on 107.9?

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:04 pm

It's the transator for WDTW 1310, on the WNIC 100.3 tower. It's supposed to protect WCRZ to its licensed 54 dBu F(50,50) contour, but it seems to have an interference footprint far in excess of predicted. Townsquare should be all over it like Denny Moon was about interference to WIOT. But Townsquare's Corporate Engineer at the time lived in California and didn't seem to care much about what happened in Michigan. That's just my humble opinion, but it's based on actual personal experience.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic