Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Changes at 950 WWJ

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Colonel Flagg

Re: Changes at 950 WWJ

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:42 pm

Yep, they broomed out Joe Donovan, who was there for many years...funny, how we're now on replacement #3 for 'ol Joe :lol (whatever the reasons may be).

Good job. :rollin

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:03 am

The whippersnappers here don't like older people on the air. I remember that Roberta Jasina said that Don DeGroot hired her, so she's definitely a veteran. We ought to respect her.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:59 am

I personally love listening to Roberta Jasina. It's a lot of the newbies that suck.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:08 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:59 am
I personally love listening to Roberta Jasina. It's a lot of the newbies that suck.
The first thing Roberta says when she enters the WWJ newsroom is "Get the fuck out of my chair" :lol Like her or not, there's nothing phoney about Roberta.

I am old enough to remember her doing the news on the old "Magic 95" WMJC (now WCSX, for you youngsters)

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:58 am

I like Roberta, it's all the other guys since Joe I'm not so sure about.

On the D and M podcast Maz told a story about the time he sat in Roberta's chair. He quit and went back to WJR the next day.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:39 pm

Too bad the feisty Roberta isn't the one we get to hear on the air. :)

THAT would be very entertaining!

Instead, we get "be careful out there" Roberta.

I will say she's cut back on her bad on-air crutches in the past few years. I give her credit for that.

I was no fan of Joe Donovan's on air style and preferred sleepy Tom Jordan (who sounds better on 760 these days) to him. I think Jason Scott was excellent, and I like what I'm hearing from Jonathan Carlson so far.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:21 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:42 pm
Yep, they broomed out Joe Donovan, who was there for many years...funny, how we're now on replacement #3 for 'ol Joe :lol (whatever the reasons may be).

Good job. :rollin
Off topic, I always found it funny how Joe just picked up and left. Kinda like “screw you guys, I’m going home”.

Roberta gets dogged on. Nothing wrong with her. She is who she is. I appreciate that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic