Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Major snowstorm brewing

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mega Hertz

Re: Major snowstorm brewing

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:03 pm

They have classic country playing in here and I love it!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:12 pm

Sunny and 45 here in T. C. today. It was partly sunny yesterday. Too slushy to hike or ski and my lake is too thin to ice fish.

Looks like we are all suffering with the weather.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:20 pm

Power's back on in this bitch. I will credit detroit Edison, the last 2 times the power went out, it was back in less than 24 hours. Now if we could do something about it, that would be cool, too.

-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:49 pm

45 and 🌞 here as well, TC Talks.

Snow pack is holding on strong. There is so much water in this snow pack down here that it's going to take forever to melt it.

Mother Nature destroyed about eight arborvitae trees on my property. I read today that wrapping them in burlap is recommended in the winter. I've had numerous such trees in my yard at two different homes going back nearly 20 years, and this is the first time I've ever had those trees collapse under the weight of snow or ice.

If the heavy snow weren't mixed with rainfall and 40 mph wind gusts, I would've probably been fine.

Long range models are showing a possibility of another nasty winter system late next week.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:49 pm

Long range models are showing a possibility of another nasty winter system late next week.
Fuck that garbage.

Better go invest in some batteries and candles again.

-TurkeyTop

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:11 am

Portage got 5 inches of snow I think the east side of Kazoo was where the bullseyes were for this storm and BC way. The snow started a little after 2PM it was more on the lighter side then it started to come down harder at around 2:45PM it was closer to 6 inches. Consumers said that they didn't think many would lose power which they didn't I think Wood said about only 250 were without power when I was sleeping. The wind wasn't the issue didn't get to 35 to 40MPH as Wood TV, WWMT & Fox17 were saying the highest I saw was 29MPH before the hour-by-hour that The Weather Channel has at the bottom of the TV screen.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:24 pm

About 1 a.m. Friday night, I looked out the window. With no lights in site, it was as bright as early evening on an overcast day. I kept wondering where the light was coming from. Stars, reflected light from far away, light absorbed in the snow? A few hours earlier, it was very dark, although there was already a lot of snow on the ground.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:43 am

Our area has really been getting screwed over by Mother Nature on Fridays, and that trend will continue this week. This upcoming system looks to be all snow with 3 to 6 inch accumulations a good bet.

As if that ain't enough, another winter storm is taking aim on our area for St. Patty's day per some of the long range models.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:00 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:43 am
Our area has really been getting screwed over by Mother Nature on Fridays, and that trend will continue this week. This upcoming system looks to be all snow with 3 to 6 inch accumulations a good bet.

As if that ain't enough, another winter storm is taking aim on our area for St. Patty's day per some of the long range models.
Aren’t we supposed to be coming out of this type of thing soon? Yikes.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:10 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:00 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:43 am

Aren’t we supposed to be coming out of this type of thing soon? Yikes.
According to Ryan Hall (storm chaser and better forecaster than the Weather Channel in my opinion), we are stuck in a pattern bringing in cold air from Quebec and the Hudson Bay. Not a polar vortex, but temps 5-10 below average with several quick hitting storms. He said for the next 3 weeks. Punxsutawney Phil nailed this year.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:54 pm

Mr. Hall hit the nail on the head. Of course, long range models can be wrong, and often are. Let's hope the actual weather turns out to be nicer than that. :)

That said, based on current info, March definitely is looking to be a colder than average month and wetter/snowier month.

I agree that there isn't going to be any polar air, just chilly air.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:17 pm

I remember when March was the month to fly kites. :lol

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:22 pm

The last three consecutive Marches (if not more) around my area have been nearly snow free, so I guess we were due for a shitty March.

Twelve days in my area in February reached at least 45 degrees.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:49 pm

Soooooo yeah, fuck this.

-TurkeyTop

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:04 am

Remember this is not 'snow'. This is what the weathermen call 'partly cloudy'.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic