Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Where’s Ben Bailey? Still on the bench?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Where’s Ben Bailey? Still on the bench?

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:46 pm

The same small number of companies own 90+ percent of the major network affiliates nationwide. Nexstar, Scripps, Sinclair, Tegna, Gray, Graham, etc.

I would be curious to know if FOX Stations Group has a vaccine mandate.

He hasn't reappeared anywhere to my knowledge. Perhaps he has decided to change occupations?

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:32 pm

Fox stations require regular testing of employees that are not vaccinated.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:00 am

jimh wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:25 pm
Ben Bailey wasn't the only moron to resign at WDIV over their vaccination policy. At least one other long-time (not-on-air Talent) moron also left.
Fify

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:23 pm

No vaccine/booster working in Covid free-range Florida or Texas?

“Newly employed weather guy with extreme needle fear or deadly political persuasion - creamed by Covid!”

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:40 pm

screen glare wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:23 pm

“Newly employed weather guy with extreme needle fear or deadly political persuasion - creamed by Covid!”
What a dumb ass take. I hope you’re wearing your mask in your car when you’re alone. Also when you’re walking outside in the fresh air by yourself. You never know when the Rona might getcha!!

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:51 pm

ProducerXM wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:40 pm
screen glare wrote:

What a dumb ass take. I hope you’re wearing your mask in your car when you’re alone. Also when you’re walking outside in the fresh air by yourself. You never know when the Rona might getcha!!
Listen, Einstein, masks actually help prevent the spread of COVID. Also, those who choose to not get vaccinated are only fucking themselves in the long run.

People throw temper tantrums over a piece of cloth and getting poked in the arm to prevent getting a horrible disease/illness. What the hell has happened to society...

Also this is one of the rare times I've agreed with any of SG's hyperbolic takes. Must be a full moon or something...

take this job and shove it

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:14 am

thatonedude wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:51 pm
ProducerXM wrote:
screen glare wrote:

Listen, Einstein, masks actually help prevent the spread of COVID. Also, those who choose to not get vaccinated are only fucking themselves in the long run.

People throw temper tantrums over a piece of cloth and getting poked in the arm to prevent getting a horrible disease/illness. What the hell has happened to society...

Also this is one of the rare times I've agreed with any of SG's hyperbolic takes. Must be a full moon or something...

I am actually Einstein compared to you. Cloth masks don’t work at all. Evidence shows that in study after study after study. N95’s work to some extent but still not a fail safe mechanism against the coronavirus. And by the way, vaccines are proving to be ineffective against the omicron variant. Just watch as cases start to get worse and more hospitalizations and death occur. I’m fully vaccinated and boosted, asshole. However, if someone chooses not to get vaccine, that’s their choice, not yours and definitely not the government’s. Fucking moron.

deadend

Post by deadend » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:50 pm

ProducerXM is an absolute incorrect moron spreading misinformation. Further posts by him should be disregarded.

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:56 pm

deadend wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:50 pm
ProducerXM is an absolute incorrect moron spreading misinformation. Further posts by him should be disregarded.
Oh no! The misinformation/disinformation police! STFU

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:56 pm

More Rage Against the Keyboard, so tedious

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:44 pm

ProducerXM wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:14 am
thatonedude wrote:
ProducerXM wrote:
screen glare wrote:

I am actually Einstein compared to you. Cloth masks don’t work at all. Evidence shows that in study after study after study. N95’s work to some extent but still not a fail safe mechanism against the coronavirus. And by the way, vaccines are proving to be ineffective against the omicron variant. Just watch as cases start to get worse and more hospitalizations and death occur. I’m fully vaccinated and boosted, asshole. However, if someone chooses not to get vaccine, that’s their choice, not yours and definitely not the government’s. Fucking moron.
So the people that get it because some asshole made a choice are what? Chopped liver?

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:40 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:44 pm
ProducerXM wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:14 am
thatonedude wrote:
ProducerXM wrote:
screen glare wrote:

So the people that get it because some asshole made a choice are what? Chopped liver?
I’m going to write this in all caps so you can understand. The vaccinated STILL PASS THE VIRUS ON TO OTHERS and, in fact, often times don’t know they’re carrying it. What happens when they pass it on to someone who’s unvaccinated and that person dies from the virus? Not the same? They deserve it? Oh ok. If you feel that way you’re a disgusting human being, and second, if you actually believe that this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated then you don’t follow the science at all. You follow propaganda and democratic politics and talking points. Fucking read an ACTUAL BOOK.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:45 am

The unvaccinated are the vast majority of hospitalizations from COVID and deaths from COVID.

You are correct that vaccines do not eliminate contagion but they do greatly reduce risk of severe illness or fatality as a result of immune response induced by the vaccine.

The unvaccinated deserve medical treatment the same as anyone else - they are human beings - but people should also be held accountable for poor personal decisions.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:51 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:45 am
The unvaccinated are the vast majority of hospitalizations from COVID and deaths from COVID.

You are correct that vaccines do not eliminate contagion but they do greatly reduce risk of severe illness or fatality as a result of immune response induced by the vaccine.

The unvaccinated deserve medical treatment the same as anyone else - they are human beings - but people should also be held accountable for poor personal decisions.
How do you propose we hold them accountable if we must begrudgingly care for them then? A lecture?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:55 am

Financial penalties in the form of higher health insurance premiums, just like smokers.

There are other measures that can be undertaken, too, but the above would probably be the most effective.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic