Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

This TV 4.2 OTA

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Splouge

Re: This TV 4.2 OTA

Post by Splouge » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:22 pm

This TV is just a joke now. I hope that WDIV doesn't renew their contract with This and replaces it with Rewind TV

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:26 am

MWmetalhead wrote:The programming changes are due to Byron Allen's "Entertainment Studios" acquiring the network from its prior owner, who I believe is MGM.

He is dumping a bunch of his third rate garbage programming onto the network, sadly.

So, yes, the changes are permanent.
He fucked up the Weather Channel even more, so this isn’t a surprise at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:00 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:10 pm
The programming changes are due to Byron Allen's "Entertainment Studios" acquiring the network from its prior owner, who I believe is MGM.

He is dumping a bunch of his third rate garbage programming onto the network, sadly.

So, yes, the changes are permanent.
Nearly everything coming out of those studios is simply awful nonsense to fill time on his cable channels for which he gets $.37 per subscriber -- for all of them!

However, some of the cooking and travel productions are good because they're contracted out to small outfits. Decent writing and research with low production elements makes for a good relaxed viewing that are a refreshing change. I wouldn't mind if he brought those to his subchannels. The crap on PetsTV? Yeah, screw that low effort.

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:37 am

They still show great B movies. This week there's Double Dragon, Lethal Virus and The Wraith with Charlie Sheen. Out of the Furnace with Christian Bale and Casey Affleck was a more recent movie that received good reviews.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic